Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Vaccinations - need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm glad about being past this stage. We are at the meningitis vaccine stage. When Amy & Caroline were 1 & 3 our neighbors had the chicken pox. I took the girls over to their house to expose them at the same time!!! What a Mom!!!!
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Update

Well we moved into our new house last tuesday, and on Sunday the baby had several red spots. Thank goodness she waited till after the move. So now she's got a bunch of pox, and though it hurts to watch her be uncomfortable, I'm glad it will be over with before she turns 2, and she'll have strong immunity.
      I gave her an oatmeal bath tonight - I can't imagine I did it correctly - there was a whole bunch of soggy oatmeal left at the bottom. Should I grind it up first?
      Enabler of DW and 5 kids
      Let's go Mets!

Comment

Having never done an oatmeal bath, I don't know. But that sounds like a good idea. Hope she is feeling better soon!

Comment

pox

Oh wow...that sounds like no fun!!! I've never given an oatmal bath...I wouldn't have had the first clue! I hope that your little girl is feeling less...itchy...soon!!!!!!!!!!!! (And that Dad won't be too exhausted )

kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Invest in a dog....they like to eat most anything!

Comment

Re: pox

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
              (And that Dad won't be too exhausted )
              I was up for 2 nights straight, trying to get the baby to sleep, but mostly enduring frequent kicks in my stomach and other more sensitive areas.
              Last night we finally caved and gave her benadryl. She slept like a baby

She seems to be feeling much better today - I think the crabiness was more due to lack of sleep than to the pox. I think we're almost through it!
              woohoo!
              Enabler of DW and 5 kids
              Let's go Mets!

Comment

As an update, we decided to go for the chicken pox vaccine for child #2.
                My wife has seen too many horrible complications in the Peds ER from chicken pox, and the whole shingles immunity issue seems to be moot.
                I also don't think I could deal with a poxed baby right now (if they had a smiley for "man being pushed off the edge" I'd insert it here.)
                Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                Let's go Mets!

Comment

I agree. We have vaccinated both kids, but have waited until 18 months because our ped in Seattle reccommended 18 months rather than the standard 12-15 months, apparently it's more effective if done later than sooner. Anyway we did it because both Matt's mom and brother never got the chicken pox, and now because of it get horrible cases of shingles. My MIL gets them probably 3 times a year, and she is in her early 50s, and I just don't think I could handle a poxed child either. I had it really bad as a kid, and thinking about what I went through makes me want to prevent it for my kids.

Crystal
                  Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                  X