Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

No way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No way!

My sister called me this morning in desperation. Her 4 year old daughter had a couple of friends over to spend the night and this morning when everyone woke up it was discovered that the little girls were play "beauty parlor" and her daughter had chopped off huge chunks out of one of her friend's hair! I mean a real butcher job and the little girl has very fine blond hair that would probably take forever to grow back. My sister is terrified of facing the girl's mother and feels very badly of course. The little girl isn't upset about it since it seemed like they were "playing" and she had consented.

I told to be VERY remorseful when the mom comes and offer to pay for another haircut to fix it. Boy, I do not want to be in her shoes! My sister asked me if I would've been upset if it was my daughter who got her hair chopped off and I probably wouldn't be pleased but sometimes stuff like this happens.

Oh my. I feel bad for your sister. These things do happen!! Maybe she could focus on how lucky they are noone got their eye poked out with the scissors!!!
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I hope everything goes okay--I feel sorry for your sister! Aside from being apologetic and offering to pay for the haircut, there doesn't seem to be much else she can do. I would think the mom would at least be somewhat understanding since her daughter took part as well and besides, your sister was being pretty generous in hosting a sleepover with 4-year-olds in the first place.
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I am sorry to hear about this situation with your sister and her 4yr old....
        on the other hand, I have to laugh a little, having a 3 yr old, and having been around other kids of that age it is pretty funny. Surprising that they hadn't switched to give the other a "makeover" too!!
        I agree with Sue, pretty gutsy move to have a sleep-over with 4yrs old!

Comment

I'm dyeing to know--how did it turn out?
          PS--Is that how you spell "dyeing"--that doesn't look right!
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Matt, you're right, even though I knew it was pretty serious when she first told me, I couldn't help but muffle a laugh. Especially when she tried to help me envision the damage. She said just imagine Goldilocks with beautiful curly blonde hair. Now imagine someone taking a large handful of hair from the back of her head and taking a weed whacker to it. She had a crew cut for about a third of the back of her head!

Anyway, when the mom picked her daughter up, my sister had put the little girl's hair up in a ponytail which helped hide it quite a bit. But she was honest and said that beneath the ponytail is a patch of missing hair large enough for a helicopter landing (okay, I added that part). She apologized profusely and offered to pay for a haircut at any place the mother chose (yeah, like Boot Camp Salon). The mother didn't seem fazed by it at all. She hugged her daughter and said, "Well, it's a good thing hair grows back." 8O But my sister really warned her saying "It's really alot worse than it looks right now" and the mother didn't even bother taking off the ponytail to check! She called the mother again that night to check to see if there's any litigation in process (okay, me again) and while the mother this time agreed that it WAS a lot worse, she reassured my sister that it was okay and not to get stressed out by it!

Boy, what a forgiving mother!

Comment

So familiar. Anyone else out there with a daughter who's chopped it off? When I was pregnant with my babies, my daughter (then 5) decided a good thing to do was to have barber shop with her American Girl doll. She chopped off that doll's hair, and then her own down to the scalp in places. She woke me up to show me their new hair-dos. You can take all the scissors away, but when a hair-cut is in order, it's gonna happen somehow!

If I were the mom of the "assaulted Goldilocks", I certainly would not have been mad at the mom who was gracious (crazy) enough to have a sleepover! I'm sure haircuts have happened before! Glad it all worked out!
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
              X