Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Surgery tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery tomorrow!

Our three year old is having out-patient surgery Monday morning to repair an umbilical hernia that she was born with. It is routine, but still stressful to think about my baby going "under the knife". This is probably the wrong way to go about it, but we aren't really telling her what is happening tomorrow. Anytime any mention of surgery would come up in the past few months, she totally freaks out and becomes really upset so we decided (or should I say I decided) it was more stressful for her to know. They are giving her something that will basically make her drunk before they even take her back and they promise me she will be in minimal pain afterwards. I'm mainly worried about the anesthesia, but she'll only be under for 45 minutes or so and my husband and I have had a couple of surgeries apiece without any ill effects. So, if you're reading this before 7:30am CST, send positive vibes our way!!!
    Awake is the new sleep!

Good luck, Sue. I'm sure everything will go well.

Comment

Good luck!!! I'msure she will be fine. They will probably give her some oral Versed and she won't remember a thing. I've been on the parent end of it and the nurse end. It is never easy.
      Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Sue,

You and your little one are in my prayers. Please let us know how she pulled through.

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Sue,

I am thinking of your family today. I am sure everything will go well, but I know you will be glad when it is over.

Sally
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Sue,

I am thinking or your family today too. I am sure everything will go well. Versed is a wonderful drug and should really help keep your little one calm.

Robin

Comment

I hope it went well for you and your daughter. Let us know how she's doing!

Comment

Yes, Versed was wonderful! I was the most worried about the moment when they took her away but she was basically drunk at that point. They said that she went under with a smile on her face, though I know she at least remembers taking the Versed because she told me several times today that she didn't like the medicine the hospital gave her. She is doing fine, though today was a little tough. She just wasn't comfortable and her little sister couldn't bear to see her on my lap all day! Luckily my husband had the day off so we kind of tag teamed taking care of the girls. Thank you all for thinking of us today!
                Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

surgery

I'm late chiming in...Sue, I'm so glad that things went so well. I bet before the day is up she'll be jumping around and will be back to normal. It's amazing how quickly they recover.

Anyway..I'm sorry to be so late about chiming in...but I'm glad that you have this behind you and that it went so well.

kris
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Sue- I am glad your daughter came through the surgery and is recovering well.

Jennifer
                    Needs

Comment

Working...
                    X