Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
    She recommends that you do all the purees and then freeze them in ice cube trays so you don't have to do it every time you cook, so much easier.
    My friend did this for her daughter's food when she was little...so I totally think you could kill two birds, Cheri!
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I was thinking that as I was licking the spoons of the purees- like why would anyone feed their kid that schlock that is babyfood when you can roast a bunch of stuff and it'll have actual flavor and not have to have the vitamins added back in after the veggies have been cooked to oblivion. Seriously, I cooked one cauliflower, one butternut squash, two sweet potatoes, and three (large) beets and I got at least six half cup servings from each veggie. I have a ton of the half cup size gladware containers so I just used those and stacked them in the freezer.

and last nights deception was butternut squash 'cheese sauce' on top of pierogies.

hahahahahaha.

Jenn

Comment

Yes, I was the nut about this awhile back. I also had the Sneaky Chef, and didn't buy Jessica Seinfeld's out of a desire to avoid adding to her pockets, so I'm glad you got it on the cheap. You can also get a lot of the Sneaky Chef recipes on her (Missy Lupine's) website. I don't do it often - the pureeing is a PITA. I've also bought organic canned butternut squash and sneak that in to pizza sauce / pasta sauce. The boys never know.

Comment

Hey so tonight I made her chicken nuggets which are basic pieces of chicken rolled in a puree (I used a combo of butternut squash and sweet potato) and then breaded in parmesan and panko bread crumbs. YUM and the dude ate every single one on his plate. and then announced, "you know, I'm basically anti-regular chicken." So I clarified if that meant he was "Pro" chicken nugget and he is.

J

ETA: and the lawsuit is now over- the judge basically threw it out because there apparently are a ton of cookbooks before and after hers about the same subject.
          Last edited by DCJenn; 05-02-2010, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Cute kid, Jenn really cute! And smart momma too!
            Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
            "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
              Hey so tonight I made her chicken nuggets which are basic pieces of chicken rolled in a puree (I used a combo of butternut squash and sweet potato) and then breaded in parmesan and panko bread crumbs. YUM and the dude ate every single one on his plate. and then announced, "you know, I'm basically anti-regular chicken." So I clarified if that meant he was "Pro" chicken nugget and he is.

J

ETA: and the lawsuit is now over- the judge basically threw it out because there apparently are a ton of cookbooks before and after hers about the same subject.
              Those ARE good. I've made the Sneaky Chef version. A total PITA to make (at least the SC one is), but really yummy.

Comment

Working...
              X