Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bedtimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedtimes

What time do your kids normally go to bed?
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

The younger two go between 7:30 and 8:00 and Luke between 8:00 and 8:30 -- but he asks a lot of "meaning of life" type questions at bedtime (always has) so we start earlier than we need to with him knowing that a long discussion will probably push his bedtime closer to 9:00.

Before he started school, his bedtime was right around 9:00 so he could see his Dad at the end of the day for a couple of hours. Kindergarten really was a shock!

Interestingly enough, no matter WHAT time they go to bed, they are up at 7:00 like clockwork. So my husband (especially) leans toward earlier bedtimes so that we can have some time to ourselves before we collapse in the evenings.

Probably more than you wanted to know..... sorry!

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

We put Bryn to bed around 8:00, earlier if necessary. We start getting ready around 7:30, read two or three books, and then off to bed.

Comment

If you count the starting process it should probably be listed about 6:30!!
        Drew has his "quality time" on the toilet, and then it is changing into pj's and brushing teeth. When it is time for reading books it is near 8p! (then there is the singing of the songs and the last drink of water....)
        Sally touched on a point though, no matter when he gets to bed, he is always up before DW hits the door for a hug and kiss before leaving.

Comment

After me!!!! They are 17 & 19.
          Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

The "babies" (21 months- so I guess I should start calling them the "toddlers") go to bed usually by 7:30. Up like clockwork by 7 am. Never up in time to see Daddy, since he's out the door by 5 or so each morning. Our 7-year old goes to bed at 8:30, unless she's "in trouble" then she goes to bed at 8. I have to wake her up at 8 am, and she never wants to get up... So there is light at the end of the tunnel with the other ones- I prefer it when the kids want to stay in bed later b/c if there's one thing about parenting that drives me nuts, it is NOT being able to sleep in!!!
            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

bedtime...

What time do we start bedtime? Or what time do they actually quit running up and down the stairs, going to the toilet, creeping into each other's rooms to bug each other, etc....

Kelly, you've called us after 'bedtime'....you know the answer to this one for us

ugh!

kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I know I'm pretty lenient. My 1st and 2nd grader goes to bed at 9. They don't have to get up until 7:30am for school so that still gives them over 10 hours of sleep. These days with the time change, it's still light at 8pm so it almost seems wierd to put them in bed so early.

Comment

My guy goes down around 8:45 to 9:00. We realize that this is kind of late for a three year old, but this allows us more time with him. Of course, he still takes a two plus hour nap everyday in order to accomodate this. We are blessed with a good sleeper. Although I gripe about his poor eating habits, if I had to choose, I'd rather have a good sleeper.

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I put bedtime at 8:30. Now, that is the time that they actually hit the sheets but it is NOT necessarily the time they fall asleep! On the really bad nights they can be up until 10pm! They come up with all sorts of excuses to get out of bed: "Gotta go bathroom.", "I need a drink of water.", "She spit at me!", "He took my Pooh!", and the best: "I had a nightmare!" BEFORE ever falling asleep . If my husband is working nights they only get worse.
                    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                    With fingernails that shine like justice
                    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

bedtime

Welcome to the club, Jennifer...I think when you have more than 2 little rugrats they develop a pack mentality...I have truly heart it all in terms of excuses. We start our bedtime prep at 8pm with bedtime at 8.30...and there are nights where it is 10 or 10.30 and I'm beating my head against the wall because they're still fighting with each other or talking back and forth

kris
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I guess I am the bad Mom here. The youngest comes and gets me by 8:30 and says "Mommy I go sleep" and I read a book, one round of "Twinkle Twinkle" For the life of me I can't get her to find a different song, and she is out for 12 hours. I swear she is the best out of the 4 I have. My 5 year old goes when ever she feels like it much to my dismay sometimes as late as 11:30. I feel so guilty keeping her up late but since Daddy works shift work in the ER sometimes thats the only time she gets to see him. This will all change unbeknownst to her when she starts Kindergarten in the fall.

Comment

Working...
                        X