Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

baby fever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baby fever?

and I don't mean a warm temperature! Our daughter is 14 months old now and I'm starting to think.....maybe time for another?
    anybody else?!
    -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

The only reason I am holding off is the fact that it's illegal to have a child ride in the cargo of a small SUV. I only have room in my car for 3 kids right now. And they're pretty cramped in that back seat. We'll start saving for a minivan once DH starts moonlighting.
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I hope to need a mini van in the next few years too! Do you think 2 years apart is a good distance?
      And, I have a special place in my heart for Geneticists, my daughter has a childhood genetic disorder!
      -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

My girls are 5 days shy of being 18 months apart. I loved it!!!
        Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I have 4 kiddos they were all born w/in 4yr & 7mos.
          What I would have given for a little more spacing!!!!
          Whatever you do & whatever happens I wish you the best!

Comment

My SILs are 365 days apart. Cindy says she was the best birthday present Sheri ever had...

Jenn

Comment

The only thing that is stopping me from having a second rightnowthisminute is that I have a nursing 7 months old that needs me.
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Hehe I would love to have another soon!!! We're probably going to wait another year or year and a half, though, so it'll be closer to the end of residency or just after DH finishes. My motives aren't so great, though... I love my baby, but I'm ready to get done with the baby stage. I think kids are so much more fun when they're older. So my logic is that I'd like to have my babies close together so I can get done with that phase sooner.
                Laurie
                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

We have a 3 month old and we're just starting to enjoy that "settled baby." We started really early in training, so I am good waiting a little while, although DH is already talking about #2!!
                  Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

DrK was talking about #2 the day that #1 was born. He was actively trying to figure out the logistics of looking after #1 when I am in the hospital giving birth to #2. Perhaps it was new parent euphoria talking?
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                      DrK was talking about #2 the day that #1 was born. He was actively trying to figure out the logistics of looking after #1 when I am in the hospital giving birth to #2. Perhaps it was new parent euphoria talking?

I remember distinctly telling DH that we would discuss #2 after I had healed and could again walk around comfortably!!!
                      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Baby fever is such an affliction! I think about whether we should or should not have another one daily, and wish I could just turn that part of my brain off! I have to bite my tongue hard to keep from constantly bringing it up with my husband, who has all the change and uncertainty and stress he cares to handle right now. I shouldn't even be thinking about it, since we're in 100% agreement we don't want another one this year.
                        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I am totally torn about this. I have baby fever in spades, but alas, S is most likely my last and I am saddened by this. I hadn't really intended to have her and then stop, but, well, life intervened and here I am. Unless I meet someone rather quickly and get the show on the road in a hurry, time is starting to run out on my biological clock. A new baby at 40 is more than I want to attempt.
                          Kris

Comment

DH talks about a fourth with some regularity. I'm all for it--except that he needs to GET A JOB (and no, residency does not count as a qualifying job). I WOTH full-time and have three kids under six, and have no housekeeper, nanny, or even regular babysitter, and no family in town. I am actually perfectly fine now, but I can see my "madness" point coming if we have four. If we have four, I need a little be more flexibility!!

Comment

I am fairly sure that we are done having kids. Nonetheless, I think that I will always have baby fever. I think that I am one of those women which will always long for a little cherub. I crave babies at a cellular level. At the same time, I think we are at capacity already and we have just begun the tween years. :scream: I'm pretty pragmatic about my abilities, my age, the already large age spread of my kids, and my time and energy level. There is too big of a chasm between babies in theory and babies in reality for me.
                              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                              X