Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

They grow up too fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They grow up too fast

I am sitting here giving my son (7 years old) directions on how to cook turkey bacon. My three year old is sitting on the steps reading a book and saying "This letter is G." (and getting it correctly). My four year old starts preschool on Monday. My eight year old loves to do the dishes, vacuum, and fold laundry. It has just hit me that I don't have any more babies in the house. I knew they grew up fast, but wow that went by really quick.
    Gas, and 4 kids

Yes, it goes FAR too quickly.
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

So true!!! I'm struggling with they "grow up too fast" right now with my baby boy. A part of me wishes I could keep him a baby forever. It makes me sad to think that he is my last. I really love being a Mom to my babies.
      Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

I can't get over this myself. They grow before our eyes.

My first baby boy, who I practically raised by myself, just gave me instructions about how to behave appropriately at soccer. (Hint: no diminuition of his name, don't cheer too loud, control the little kids, and don't regale the other parents of potentially embarrassing stories about him including the fact that he had a tic tac lodged in his nose last year.) When did he start to care about this stuff? Apparently at ten they have a rep to protect? :eyeroll:
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Just had one of those moments of realization, too... they grow up so fast.

Comment

I was just thinking how I need to videotape our three-year-old and 16-month-old more. It's amazing.

Comment

I was just telling my sister this yesterday!!! A couple nights ago my nine year old comes to me after her shower confessing that she tried shaving her legs and made a mess. So now I'm teaching her how to shave her legs.

OMG, where are my babies???
              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Buckle your seatbelts, it gets faster and bumpier!!!!
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                X