Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Baby-making Assumptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not only switch OB's, tell her precisely why. Her behavior was ridiculously unprofessional. She needs to know he line she crossed, where it was located, and how to avoid it in the future.

Comment

Um, yeah. Pretty unprofessional. You'd think an Ob/Gyn would learn not to make judgements or assumptions out loud about people's reproductive choices. Definitely worth shopping around for one who thinks more like you do.
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

UNbelievable! I cannot believe she said that! The average worker in North America makes what a resident makes for their whole careers, and plenty of those people have kids! That's not even the point though. She should mind her own business, and not be so judgmental, unprofessional and just plain rude!

Comment

Get another one
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Ack! How awful! Burn her card & find another!
            Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Ditch her. I'm actually blown away at the lack of professionalism.

Jenn

Comment

Wow! Definitely make sure she knows why you decided not to return. Unbelievable.
                Cristina
                IM PGY-2

Comment

that really sucks. Sorry about the IUD torture- sounds miserable!

You obviously have heard it in this thread, but of course you need a different ob gyn.

Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Unprofessional. Get rid of her. As a side note: we had our first child at the end of MS1 and couldn't be happier. Everyone has a time that is right for their family to introduce a child and it does not solely depend on income. *pffft* She's ridiculous.
                    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

How Rude! I guess it is time to find a new ob

Comment

Yuck! Residents don't make MUCH money. But IMO they make plenty of money to take care of a little family! We have an 18 month old and are living what I consider to be very comfortably. Resident's salary is much less than what it will be, but much more than what a lot of people make!
                        I do agree though that sometimes doctors say things to other doctors and their families that they wouldn't normally say. At least I hope they don't normally say things like that! geez.
                        -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

Unbelieveable, I would be offended and pissed. I'm glad this didn't come out of the mouth of someone I recommended. I hope you have some better luck with whomever you choose as the next ob/gyn.
                          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Don't forget that midwives can also do well-woman care -- if you want a more touchy-feely caregiver experience, a CNM might be a good match, and an annual is as good a way as any to feel your provider out.
                            Alison

Comment

Ditto above...I ended up going to a CNM in a practice of OB/GYNs. She seems very well respected and has rights at the hospital I would want top use if we had a baby
                              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs.BrainSurgeon View Post
                                I wanted to point out that she was NOT one of the doctors recommended to me by my fellow IMSNers when I put out feelers for good Ob/gyns in Albuquerque a few months ago. This time around I will use those suggestions!!
                                I'm slightly relieved to hear this, but still extremely offended for you! I hope you end up finding a good fit for the next several years.

Comment

Working...
                                X