Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Harry Potter Party?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Potter Party?

Anyone else out there with children into the JK Rowling series? My 8 year old is nuts for the Harry Potter books....He hasn't quite finished the 4th but is dying for the 5th. Barnes and Nobles here has a Harry Potter Party tonight at MIDNIGHT and he is absolutely dying to go....he has talked about it non-stop since he saw it posted at BN two weeks ago......he woke up this morning begging me.....

Do I give in? I mean..it is MIDNIGHT! At the same time...he has such an interest in reading now and....it would be a really cool childhood memory. I don't know if even I can stay up until midnight anymore

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Kris, I know that it is late, but take if from a male....take him there!
    I went through phases of reading and wanting to read and not wanting to read, if he is that interested that is great! I can't tell you in junior high and high school how many times I hated having to read any type of book for any class.

So feed the fire while it is hot!!

Comment

I don't know if I could stay up that late either.

A midnight party for the book sounds pretty cool, though. I was caught a glimpse of that in our local paper. I'll bet that would be a highlight of the summer for him!

Comment

I agree, take him. In the scheme of things, one day he'll want to go see someone like Enimen at midnight.

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I think you should take him, too. He will ALWAYS remember this spontaneity on your part and someday (in a few decades that is) he'll appreciate how hard it was for you physically!
          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
          With fingernails that shine like justice
          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Update:

Just an Update: We went and it was awesome. There were over 400 people in the store...most of them children! There were games, snacks....and the actual wait to buy the book even though we were #300 out of over 400 in line...was only 30 MINUTES!

All in all, the kids had a blast...and I think that they WILL remember it forever. Andrew even dressed up as Harry Potter

kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

And when he's 16 and you're the worst mom ever to inhabit the planet, you can remind him of how cool you 'really' are!!

Jenn

Comment

Too true, Jenn!!! :P
                Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                With fingernails that shine like justice
                And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
                X