Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

High Fevers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Fevers

Last night our neighbor phoned, frantically at 1am. Her 4 year old son had a fever of 106.8, her husband was out-of-town and she has a newborn. DH went over and helped her get the fever down. Apparently, this kid runs high fevers.

What is the highest fever your child has had? DD had a 105.3 once.
    Needs

Holy cow!!! Good for your dh to help. The highest my kids have spiked was dd1. She went to 104.5.
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

DS1 had 105 for almost a week.

Comment

Wow! Caleb's temps have always been really reasonable 103-104. 106 is insanely hot. Thank goodness she wasn't afraid to call and your hubby was home to help.
        Kris

Comment

Wow! Glad your DH went over to help. I hope the fever has stayed down and they don't require a trip to the ER.

Don't have any kids - the highest I've gotten to is 102. But my average body temperature is below 98.6, either 98 or just a shade below that. For me a fever is 99 or 100, which doesn't meet the definition of a fever for most people, but I believe it is in my case.
          Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

No kids, either, but DH's temp was up at 104.6 when he had H1N1 (before we went in to the ER)
            Jen
            Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Those are terrifying fevers. We've stayed pretty low - max 103-104 I think. I used to spike high fevers when I was a kid, though.
              Enabler of DW and 5 kids
              Let's go Mets!

Comment

Sophia had a 105.7once when she had pnuemonia @ age 4. D< was home so we immediately stripped her down and began laying cool wet was cloths on her body as well as turning on the ceiling fan. Adam's got up to 104.7 this last time he had pnumonia. I pray we never witness a febrile siezure! I am so proud of your DH what a great guy and what great neighbors you both are!

Comment

We've been in the 104 range...not quite 105, thank goodness. Kid fevers made me nervous, they spike so quickly. Just the other night, DD had 103 range fevers after her 12 month shots. ugh.
                  Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

Comment

Holy COW!!!! It's great your dh was able to help...but also scary in the *what if something had gone wrong* sense. Fevers like that scare me to death.!
                    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

The highest we've had here was 104.5. He's never, ever sick so it really scared me. I used to run super high fevers and hit 106 once. The pediatrician walked my mom through everything to do and then called the next morning and walked her through the "if this ever happens again, she might have a seizure" thing. She said she was so glad he didn't get in to that during the first call. My friend's baby had a febrile seizure and called EMS (as her husband was a PhD candidate at UHUHS and was home as often as the MD kind of doctor...) When EMS got there Zach was fine but she was a mess. One of the EMS people (female) said, "Mrs. Nix, your baby is fine but we'll bring him in. Call your husband. OK, now you go upstairs and change out of your pajamas, wash your face and brush your teeth. I'll hold the baby and we'll wait for you." She was forever grateful to that woman!

Jenn

Comment

My mom witnessed me having a febrile seizure when I was 4, and that earned me a trip in an ambulance to the ER.

Fevers in the little ones are scary. Whenever dd is sick and her cheeks are flushed, I get a little nervous. In goes the rectal thermometer.

It's nice that your dh was able to help.
                        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Holy crap! That was so kind of you guys to help her out. The highest we've had is 105 with dd last year. She couldn't even walk but it resolved in about 12 hours.
                          Tara
                          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

In Sophie - fevers give me the normal parental anxiety, but for Caleb... They terrify me. After his stroke caused by a 103.4 fever, he has a 20% chance of recurrance, which is too freakin' high for my comfort. If he runs even the slightest fever, he gets medicated.
                            Kris

Comment

High fevers are scary! My friend's son spiked 105.7 today. They think he has the flu.
                              Needs

Comment

Working...
                              X