Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

celebrating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• celebrating

I just have to tell someone who will appreciate the story.....

My boys all have been needing multiple pairs of shoes. The sandals that I got them in April (remember, we live in Texas) are already stinking to high heaven, and they really needed new tennis shoes. I also like them to have a pair of sandals to play in and a nicer pair for church. So, that made NINE pairs of shoes I needed to buy. Additionally, my 8 year old is wearing a size 5, which has moved him out of the cheaper size range. 8O But it had to be done, so I loaded up the stroller and we went to the mall. I am happy to say that I got 9 pairs of shoes for $148! That included two pairs of Nike sandals, a pair of Columbia sandals, Saucony & Avia running shoes for the older boys, and some Disney-themed tennies (with lights, of course ) for the little one. I was totally psyched! My husband tried to share my joy, but he just doesn't get it and I thought some of you here might. I think my exhiliration is just as much about the fact that I survived the experience of picking out, trying on, and buying all those shoes with all the boys with me as it is about the good prices I got.

Anyway, just wanted to share!

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Nine pairs -- that is a lot of shoes to buy at once!
    Sounds like you got some great deals. I'm just trying to imagine fitting three kids for three different pairs of shoes all at once....

Comment

$148 sounds like a heck of a deal for 9 pairs of shoes--does that average to less than $20 per pair? Awesome! We are going to have to do the same thing soon--I noticed today that my daughters tennis shoes and sandals are getting a little too small and looking very raggad. I was hoping to make it through the rest of the summer but I guess I can't keep them from growing!
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

shoes

Wow, Sally...it sounds like you got some good deals! Shoes are horribly expensive, aren't they? We seem to go through a lot of shoes here as well. We recently bought Andrew sandles...only to have him grow out of them in a matter of one month 8O Then Alex lost his sandle last week at the grocery store and I couldn't find it...we ended up giving up and just buying another pair....

Doesn't it feel great to find good deals?

But I'm with Nellie on this one....you went shopping on your own with three boys and had them all try on shoes???? Wow...you are BRAVE!

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

My kids were VERY good (unusually so!) while we were buying shoes -- I complimented them on the way home. It could have easily been a disaster -- it is not beyond their abilities to destroy my composure AND a children's shoe dept. within a very short time. One of the salesladies even complimented them, which almost never happens when I have all three of them out by myself.

I think my kids really wanted the shoes!!! I have been known to leave without buying a thing when they act like brats, so they knew (the oldest two, at least) that they had better keep it together.

Sally
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
          X