Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

On the other hand......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the other hand......

Just to add balance to my other post in this forum today, I wanted to tell you all something ELSE that happened yesterday.....

Yesterday Luke (8 yrs.) started a musical theatre camp that runs every morning through the end of July. They will be working toward putting on a production of "Music Man Jr." the first weekend in August. I had to go in with him the first day to meet the directors and pay for the camp. I also wanted to volunteer if they needed any help in the musical realm. (I taught music before I had kids and have given lots of voice lessons through the years.) SO, I wanted to make a fairly good impression of being a competent individual. The first strike against me, however, was that I was dressed to go to the gym, since that is where I was going after I dropped Luke off (bike shorts, long t-shirt -- long for a reason, if you get my drift -- and no make-up) and I wasn't looking my best. The second strike was that I had all three kids with me. As I got to the front of the line, I put Nathan down and told Luke to watch him and walk around with him (we were in a lobby area) while I wrote the check. As they walked away, I felt something wet on my shirt when my arm brushed against the side where I had been holding Nathan. I looked down and saw......let's just say what I saw was the same thing I was thinking when I saw it 8O ......and Nathan had a LOT of grapes over the weekend. (Insert gagging emoticon)

So there I was, inching forward in line. At this point, I was only worried about myself, but I knew that Nathan was probably "wearing" the evidence as well. I figured that if it was too bad, Luke would notice and would tell me. I tried to squish the evidence by raising the hem of said long t-shirt and folding it inward on that side, but that revealed another problem -- namely, the "problem" that is normally covered by the t-shirt! Not at all attractive, let me tell you, especially in bike shorts. And I was noticing a certain odor emanating from the mess, as well.

I got to the front of the line, squatted down to write the check, thus hiding the gross mess, the smell, and my bodacious booty, and smiled and volunteered, and then got the heck out of there.

We went home, changed clothes, Nathan had a bath, and I still went to the gym, but it was definitely an experience!!!!

So no wonder I felt triumphant about the shoe expedition.

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Oh, Sally!
    Boy, Nathan has been giving you several bodily fluid/function surprises lately!

Comment

Wow Sally!!! I can't help but smile. The predicaments we get into with kids! Journal material!!!!! That is totally something that would happen to me!!!

Robin

Comment

Sally

This just cracked me up...don't you hate it when things like that happen! Our famous poop story involves my dad...Andrew was still in diapers and we had just eaten at a restaurant. My dad lifted Andrew up and put him on his shoulders....he felt something warm running down his neck and under his shirt.... Needless to say, it was a stinky mess that still makes me laugh when I think about it.

Poor Nathan...he's had a string of bad luck lately!

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
        X