Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Babies are so SMALL!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babies are so SMALL!!!

Alrighty...it has definately been a long time since I've been around small babies on a regular basis. Last week at the pool, I noticed a little guy being toted around by mom in a little kiddie boat. I was thinking to myself that the baby looked about 6-8 months old and was imagining that that is how we'd spend next summer with Aidan...right? Later, I was talking to the mom and I asked how old her son was...He was 16 months OLD!!!! 8O Two days later, I was sitting next to a mom with a toddler and a newborn. The baby was only 3 weeks old and it was sooo TINY....I was thinking to myself that it was probably a preemie.....it really looked small. I asked the mom how old her baby was, etc...and we got into a discussion of birth weights...the child had weighted 7 pounds 8 ounces at birth and was now 9 pounds 4 ounces!!! That is how much Andrew weighted at birth and at the time I remember thinking that he was huge....how could I have thought this baby was so small???

Am I in for a shock or WHAT????

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Last weekend I went and saw my friend's premmie twins in the NICU--both of them are now a month old and weigh 4lbs. 9oz. I got to hold one and I couldn't get over how tiny they were. I have never seen a baby that small in person! It is amazing how you forget how small they are at birth. A neighbor I saw at a garage sale had her newborn in a sling and I didn't even see him there at first--and I think he was at least 8 lbs. at birth!
    How many weeks left by the way Kris?
    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

They are tiny!! I miss those days sometimes.
      Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

SOME babies are tiny - Sophia is now 17 months and wearing X-Large diapers and about ready for size 3T!!!! Her current weight is somewhere over 24 lbs. I have completely forgotten how tiny my premie twins were at birth! 8O Memories are weird things....
        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
        With fingernails that shine like justice
        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
        X