Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Big news....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big news....

I have been MIA for a loooong time but with good reason!

I am 11 weeks pregnant!

Oy...I can't believe I remarked to my husband that I didn't think I would get morning sickness. (he was quick to burst my bubble ) Famous last words. More like all day sickness, and such extreme fatigue that a flight of stairs is a marathon. And lots of zits and dirty hair and gigantic boobs.

Fortunately I am starting to feel human again. 8O I just cannot wait for 2 more weeks when I hit that golden trimester. Does anyone else get it this bad?

Oof, I have a lot of posts to read...

Congratulations!! 8) 8) 8)
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!

I think you will find many here who can sympathize with all of the first trimester woes -- myself included! Sounds like you are through the worst of it, though.

Take care and keep us posted!

Sally
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Congratulations!!!! What wonderful news!

I can totally empathize with the "all day sickness". I got pretty sick with all four. Glad things are starting to get better.

Robin

Comment

Congratulations! What a special time in your life.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Congratulations!!!!
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Congratulations!
                I have been going through the morning sickness as well (12 weeks pregnant). It isn't a whole lot of fun, is it? It does get better though. I have been having luck with:
                1. Getting plenty of rest (seems to reduce the sickness)
                2. Using the motion sickness wrist bands
                3. Eating a few crackers before getting out of bed and the taking my time to get up
                4. Drinking water with lemon in it, tart lemon or limeade, and just any tart citrus thing I can get my hands on
                5. Some luck with ginger tea
                6. Sipping a Coke

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes! I'll be 12 weeks tomorrow - had another lovely bout of evening sickness tonight. I have found that sweet, syrupy coke is very soothing. I am also quite found of altoids citrus sours.

Nellie, I had bought those motion sickness bands early in the pregnancy. Didn't do a dang thing for me except give me huge red divets in my wrists.

Bleh, one more week of this(I hope!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Dagny
                    Nellie, I had bought those motion sickness bands early in the pregnancy. Didn't do a dang thing for me except give me huge red divets in my wrists.

Bleh, one more week of this(I hope!!!)
                    Bummer about the wrist bands. I was desparate -- maybe it was the power of suggestion? I also have had luck with the prenatal "Premesis". It is actually kind of prenatal-lite. It has time released B vitamins, which help w/ morning sickness, plus the full dose of pregnancy folate (and then some) and a little bit of calcium. You have to get a prescription for it. I took it for the first 5 months of my last pregnancy (yes, I was sick that long). Another plus for me is that it *doesn't* have any iron in it. Iron made me feel really, really awful during the last pregnancy. In fact, even now in this pregnancy, the smell of a prenatal vitamin makes me feel sick.

Comment

Congrats!! I'm wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy and beyond!
                      Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Congratulations and here's hoping you feel better soon!

Jenn

Comment

Nellie -

I found that vitamin B6 helped immensely too. I took that more in early pregnancy and then switched to the cokes. My ob didn't offer any type of prescription aid for the nausea except zofran(sp?) which she said was very expensive.

I haven't taken my prenatal vitamin since week 6. It seems every time I try to take it(or any other medication, otc or otherwise) it comes back up. I have heard that the iron in the vitamins bothers a lot of people.

Only 3 more days and it will be the *magical* second trimester.

It is magical, right??

Comment

Congratulations, Dagny!

(Wow! At any given time it seems like half of the women on this site are preggers! 8O )
                            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                            With fingernails that shine like justice
                            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Dagny,
                              Check this out with your dr first.....but you might want to try a chewable vitamin like Flinstones. Seriously! They are a lot easier to keep down. And unless s/he says you have to have the iron, you can take the iron free ones.
                              I had my hematocrit (is that what it is?) checked at every ob visit and didn't need iron until the last 3 weeks. The smell of that stuff.....ewwww.

Comment

Working...
                              X