Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

36 weeks and counting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36 weeks and counting

Just a little update on the end of my pregnancy....

up 3 lbs since my last visit, for a total of 29 lbs.

BP, heartbeat good.

1 cm and 0% effaced (not getting to excited, that's what I was the entire month before I had Emma)

The end is near....

Crystal
    Gas, and 4 kids

Crystal,

I can't believe you're this far along already. Easy for me to say, right?!!! Only 29 pounds! You are doing great. I always was HUGE with my pregnancies.

I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes quickly and smoothly!!!!! How exciting :!: :!:

Robin

Comment

Congrats, it seems like yesterday when you told us you were pregnant.
      Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

It has flown by so quickly! It feels like yesterday that I found out I was pregnant.

In a way I want to have the baby now, but for the most part I am thinking "No not yet, Matt can't take time off yet, and I don't have everything done that I want done!"

I got huge with Emma- almost 50 lbs weight gain with her. So I am really happy with 29 lbs. Matt even commented tonight how much less "fluffy" I look this time around.

Crystal
        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Wow--pretty soon you'll have your little guy!!! I am at 27 weeks and coming into the three month stretch for our little girl's arrival (or a very poorly endowed boy if there was an ultrasound error!) I agree--it does feel like yesterday I learned I was pregnant. Now if we just make it through the blazing summer heat until early October, baby and I are home free (not to mention my husband, who has put up with my sensitivities and irritabilities while handling his own!) Congrats to you and yours--and 29 lbs is great. I think I've gained about 35! Oh well...it's all for a good cause!!

Comment

Wow

Holy Cow, Crystal has this gone fast...I have followed your websites/pics and I'm amazed that you are already in the home stretch....We are about to hit week 24...it just flies by, doesn't it!!! 29 lbs is really good in terms of weight gain. I gained 11 pounds in the last two months and I'm really freaking out about it because...I'm really only about 1/2 way through...I can't afford to gain 5.5 pounds a month...and yet I'm hungry as a horse all of the TIME! I'm like a SHARK or something!!!

Enjoy these last few weeks with Emma...I remember it being such a special time with Andrew and I before Amanda was born because I knew it was the last time that he would be an 'only child'....

Keep us posted on how you are feeling!

kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Wow, Crystal! That has gone so quickly. Glad to hear you are doing well.
              Congrats on the weight gain! Any tips? I gained a lot the first time around and want to do better this time. So far I've lost 2-3 lbs -- but that is just due to morning sickness -- doesn't take much effort for that!

Comment

Congratulations....Here's hoping for a quick and pain free delivery.

Any names yet?

Kelly
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I gained almost 50 lbs with Emma, so I am really happy with 29 lbs so far, and would be okay if I got up to 35 lbs. I keep hearing it is harder to lose the weight after baby #2.

As far as my weight gain- I was exercising pretty religiously 3x a week up until a couple of weeks ago. Drinking more water, and eating a few more healthier foods. I think not having McD's 4 times a week and trying not to eat the entire pint or er gallon of ice cream in one sitting seems to have helped this time around. Although I have had a strong hankering for ice cream this past couple of weeks. Oh well, at least I haven't done it my entire pregnancy this time around.

As far as names- we are still discussing. We do have a "list" we have started. We are going to do the same as what we did with Emma- choose about 5 names or so, and wait until we see him to decide. We like the name Brigham Casey (a great grandfather of Matt's), Zachary Aaron (or Tayler), Jackson Earle, or Jackson Bryan. So we'll see.....

Crystal
                  Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Originally posted by cricketnmatt
                    I think not having McD's 4 times a week and trying not to eat the entire pint or er gallon of ice cream in one sitting seems to have helped this time around. Although I have had a strong hankering for ice cream this past couple of weeks. Oh well, at least I haven't done it my entire pregnancy this time around.
                    I hear you! I did the same thing. I just reached a point where I thought.....who cares, pass the oreos. I'm trying to keep that in mind this time around.

I like your names. If we have a boy we're thinking Jack Benjamin -- so we might have children with similar names (and maybe the same first and middle initials)!

Thinking of a smooth labor and happy healthy baby for you!

Comment

Working...
                    X