Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Potty training in one day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potty training in one day!

Okay, so Daniel's about to turn 3 next month and I have been hemming and hawing and dreading the potty training thing. But lately he has decided he doesn't want to wear diapers anymore. Yesterday he ran around half naked all day and I took him to the potty and he went - just like that! And he stayed dry all day. This morning when I knew he was up for a #2, I turned on the bathroom light and told him to go when he had to and next thing I know he told me he had gone "pootie" and sure enough he had! The kid potty trained himself for crying out loud! Yes, I had to brag. There were loud cries of "hoorays" echoing through our house every few hours and I think that really did wonders for him. I'm so proud of him!

That is awesome Thu Van!!! Must be a good feeling to be done with diapers!
    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Will you come to my house in about a year? I swear to God, this is my third boy and I still feel like I have NO IDEA how to potty train. It is all a big crap shoot (literally!) around here.

Sally
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

WOW - Congrats!!!

Comment

Until you try to coax another human being into doing this, you really don't grasp the magnitude of such an event.

Hey, I'll do the Potty Party dance for your little guy. After all, "he is a super dooper pooper....He can potty with the best...No more diapers to weigh him down...We are very impressed"

Way to go!

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Wow! He must have been ready for this big event!
            That is awesome!

Comment

Wow!

You're hired!!!! I have dibs on you in a couple of years...that's awesome, ThuVan...REALLY! What a relief it is...I remember when Alex finally got potty-trained...I felt like I had won a prize or something....Thomas and I kind of figured we were done with diapers forever...

kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by kmbsjbcgb
                Until you try to coax another human being into doing this, you really don't grasp the magnitude of such an event.
                Kelly
                You are so right, Kelly!

The amazing part to me is that he stayed dry all through the night since the first night. Even my first son had to wear pull-ups to bed until he was almost 5. I wish I could take credit for this but honestly I don't think I can. The little guy decided himself and was ready for it. It's not like he was early for it but I'm just glad I didn't have to ask him every few hours if he needed to go. He really did it all by himself!

How many moments in parenting do things happen that easily? I'm very lucky!

Comment

That's it! I declare him a genius!

Of course, I declare all of our kids geniuses because they really are so much more intelligent, inquisitive, and brighter than we adults.

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                  X