Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Duplos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplos

Dd has a hodgepodge of duplos. My mil brought about 20 pieces from when dh was young. I had to throw out some cool pieces (helicopter, school bus), because they were cracked and had some sharp edges where they'd seen the wear of three boys.

I would love to buy dd (read: erm, actually for me!) brand new sets, but don't know where to look. Target had a really weak selection. The Lego store is $$$. Any ideas? Amazon is kind of pricey for us, because we pay sales tax... Any secrets?
    married to an anesthesia attending

Rummage sales.
    Kris

Comment

You could always try out Ebay as well.

Comment

You can sometimes get some good sets at Toys R Us, and if you have a coupon, there is some savings. Otherwise, yes, they are pricey. Cute and fun, but pricey.
        Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

EBay. I got O 300+ pieces there for about $30. They weren't super shiny new but all in really good shape.

If your dd ever gets into Thomas The Train, you'll find good deals on eBay for track & trains too.
          Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

If your kiddo gets into Thomas, I have about 8 billion of the little fuckers I'll gladly ship to you. Free.

Comment

Hahaha! She's not quite into Thomas yet, but thank you for your offer. I may get back to you on that!

We have a Starbucks here with a train table and Thomas the Train cars. A little boy kept saying "cranky, cranky" over and over to dd, and I couldn't figure it out until his mom said that it's the crane on Thomas...
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We have that crane. And so many other pieces!
                Veronica
                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

If you really want to get rid of the Thomas stuff, I'll pay for shipping!!!
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

BTW, I'm searching garage sales for Mega Bloks if anyone is looking to unload those. Meenah, DD, if you are serious about parting with the Thomas trains, we'll take them.
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I meant to ship to me for Oliver!!!!!!
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Oops! Totally misresd! I was wondering how Oliver could have grown tired of them so quickly.
                        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Working...
                        X