Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Did my kid just say that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Gracie was 4 she farted at the dinner table and said, "oops, I wore my noisy pants today!". Ever since then whenever someone passes gas the girls giggle and mention the noisy pants.

There's a dry erase board in the kitchen with everyone's names on it and their chores listed beneath. It's subtitled with Weekly, Daily, and As Needed. Gracie added "take a nap" under the As Needed column for herself. Like mother, like daughter.
    Last edited by MDPhDWife; 08-25-2011, 01:40 PM.
    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I love it! Noisy pants, FTW!

Comment

Me: I think you're just about perfect.
        A: no...I'm not perfect.
        Me: What?? What isn't perfect about you??
        A: You...

hahaha
        -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

"I don't got any monies in my underwear!" Kenny (age 6)
          Veronica
          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Oh dear Kenny, that isn't a career you want to pursue
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Was he saying it as a good or bad thing??
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

He was looking for money to buy toys. Obviously, the most likely place to find money is in your drawers. LOL
                Veronica

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                  Oh dear Kenny, that isn't a career you want to pursue
                  Bwahahaha!
                  Kris

Comment

More classic conversations with my four year old...

S: Momma, I have to poop.
                    Me: Then why are you in the kitchen?

... moments later ...

S: Momma, I poooooped.
                    Me: S, you don't need to tell me, just wipe your butt and come out.
                    S: But, Mom, it's important that you know.
                    Me: Fine, but you can tell me *after* you get out of the bathroom.
                    S: Oh. (this was obviously a grand revelation for her)

Someday my conversations won't revolve around her bathroom habits. I hold tight to that belief, please don't disillusion me.
                    Kris

Comment

We had a grand pronouncement from the booth at Old Chicago: "A pooping. Change A, yes please. Lots of pee-pee AAAAANNNDDDDD POO-POO!"

Her new phrase: "Glad to hear that". It kills me when she uses it in context!
                      Jen
                      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by MDPhDWife View Post
                        When Gracie was 4 she farted at the dinner table and said, "oops, I wore my noisy pants today!". Ever since then whenever someone passes gas the girls giggle and mention the noisy pants.
                        Funniest.quote.ever.

I'm saving that for the nursing home when i've lost all muscle control.
                        -Ladybug

Comment

Dd told me today: "I'm gonna return you to the mama store and get a better mama."

We've all been sleeping in the same hotel room, and no one's getting good sleep.
                          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I took the K Bros to the doctor's office with me the other day when I picked up my prenatal test results. The boys saw me fill out some forms, wait a little, review some papers, put the papers in my purse, and then we left. As we were walking out, they noticed that the emotional temperature had changed and started asking me, "Mommy, are you okay? Are you okay?" We hadn't had any direct conversations with the boys about the baby prior to then so I crouched down, held their hands, and told them that they were going to have a baby sister. K2 (2yo) smiled, happy that I was happy. K1 (3.5yo) wanted to know whether I'd just placed the order at the doctor's office and how long before the baby arrives in the mail.
                            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I love th K brothers! Ha ha!
                              Veronica

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                                K2 (2yo) smiled, happy that I was happy. K1 (3.5yo) wanted to know whether I'd just placed the order at the doctor's office and how long before the baby arrives in the mail.
                                That is so sweet! And most of all:

HOORAY!!!!!! A girl!!! So so happy for you!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X