Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

My little man is here!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crystal -

He looks like such a sweetie. Congratulations!!!!

Comment

Thank you to everyone!

Originally posted by kmbsjbcgb

Can I just say that you are much more woman than I am? I can't believe that you went drug free!

Kelly
      Kelly- I think I am more woman than I thought I could ever be. You know, I didn't have much of a choice. Literally- I had a contraction, the nurse checked and I was 6 cm- she paged anesthesia, during which I had another contraction and tons of pressure- she checked again I was 8 cm, the nurse then paged the OB to get in the room, during which I had another contraction and burning in my thighs and more pressure- the nurse checked again I was pretty much complete. I think it was in about 15 mins I went from 4 cm to complete.

I can't believe I was able to do it w/o meds. As Matt has told me "I am going to put him out of a job." I couldn't have done it without his help though, he truely helped me stay focused on breathing and taking it one contraction at a time (luckily, there were too many to take one at a time)

I have to admit, that my next one I am going to go in with the mind set that if the labor is fairly quick then I will do it without meds. I felt so good afterwards, granted I also didn't push for 1 1/2 hours like I did with Emma, so that might be part of the reason I wasn't tired.

Crystal
      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

A late congratulations to you both! He's adorable.

Comment

Wow, Crystal! I am so glad that everything turned out so quickly and *relatively* easily!!! Congratulations (and what a fun story to tell)!

Jennifer
          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
          With fingernails that shine like justice
          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Crystal- I was really glad to read your story! Thanks for the heads up in your other post on the pregnant women check in thread! I probably would have tried to have my twins without an epidural, but my OB said since he'd be sticking his arm up in me to the elbow, b/c that's how they do it with vaginal deliveries of twins, that he strongly advised me to get an epidural. So I did and that worked out great-- but I'm always really impressed to hear of women who have delivered without the pain meds! Must be strange to feel your legs during birth...
            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate
              I probably would have tried to have my twins without an epidural, but my OB said since he'd be sticking his arm up in me to the elbow, b/c that's how they do it with vaginal deliveries of twins, that he strongly advised me to get an epidural.
              8O Wow! That didn't happen when I had my twins vaginally! I pushed them both out quickly and without incident!

Jennifer
              Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
              With fingernails that shine like justice
              And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Jennifer- I should say that he said there would be a good chance he'd have to stick his arm way up in me. How gross! Anyway, Steven turned sideways after Izzy shot out, so my OB had to sort of redirect traffic. Plus they had to screw the electronic monitoring thing in his head, so basically... I was very thankful for the epidural!
                The whole experience made my husband convinced that he did not want to become an OB/Gyn.
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                X