Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's everyone up to at the end of the summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's everyone up to at the end of the summer?

I've been going crazy the last couple of weeks running all over the place...but we are having a blast...we discovered a new free park with an awesome waterpark for the kids...all free. We've gone almost everyday...we even went today. I was hesitant to put my whale-like body into a bathing suit intially..but Finally on Friday I wore my suit (but swam in my shorts and t-shirt because I was too embarassed)..and today..I actually took my shirt off...I guess by next week I'll be throwing caution to the wind and will be in my swimsuit only? In any case, I've just been having a blast playing with the kids in the water...it is so much more fun for me than just sitting by, watching, and roasting in the sun..and its been fun for them too.

What is everyone else up to...and when is school starting for you guys? We don't start until Sept. 7 8O

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

We start on the 27th, and have big plans for the next week and a half. We are hitting our neighborhood pool tonight, and probably several other days/evenings in the near future. Both older boys have some books they need to read/have read to them before school starts. I need to label their supplies and get the patches sewn on their uniforms. Nathan starts preschool the day before the older two start, so we have planned a mom/big boy day for the 26th.

I am ready for a new routine!

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Signing up for as much overtime as possible. I can't believe how much college textbooks cost.
      Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Yeah, my parents thought I wasmaking up the costs of books to getmore money out of them- and that was 15 years ago! I brought home hte receipts and that blew their minds. Of course, medical books that somehow keep appearing in my house aren't cheap either!!

Basically all of my summer job money would be gone after buying clothes and books for the first semester!

Jenn

Comment

books

Luanne,

I used to get my books online at Bigwords.com....They generally came pretty quickly and were cheaper than either on-campus or the 'discount' stores near campus. Maybe your girls could price them online and offline and see if that might generate a little bit of savings?

Eeek...I don't envy you!!!

kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
          X