Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Meet the teachers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet the teachers

We had the most awesome meet the teachers experience.....Thursday of last week was the offical night and the kids got to go up to the school, bring their school supplies and meet their teachers. Amanda's teacher actually had sent her a postcard with her picture on it a few days before so that Amanda could see what she looked like. It welcomed her to the class, was handwritten and said how much the teacher looked forward to having her in the class 8O . Then, when we got to the school, the teacher had gift bags on the desks for each student. They were full of treats and inspirational sayings. The kids had to do scavenger hunts in the classroom to find things...it was so neat!!

Andrew's room was really nice and his teacher is also really into maps (Andrew collects maps and loves them). Andrew's chair is right next to this big felt map of the world with velcro names of cities, states, bodies of water, etc...and he is so excited. His desk also sits on a carpet that is the map of the world...I think his second grade teacher must have put him with that teacher because they share a real love of maps....and Andrew can't WAIT to get to school!!

The best though (if anyone is still reading ) was Alex's room. He is our little animal/bug collector and his teacher had aquariums set up all over her room. Among other things, the woman has salamanders, an African Millipede (very cool!) and a PINK corn snake that is beautiful. We couldn't get Alex to leave the room!

I feel so positively about the experience that they each had which makes me really optimistic for them about the year!!!!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Kris,
    That is wonderful. I wish you a great year.
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

That sounds great! I just pray that when my kids are into school that they are able to have teachers that will take an interest in the kids themselves to keep things and attentions in line!

Comment

Wow, Kris. Sounds like each of your kids have a teacher and classroom that is a really good fit for them and that they already have a connection to the teacher and the room. I really like the idea about the postcard -- I'll have to share that with my friend who is a teacher. What grade is Amanda going into? What a great way to start the year!

A corn snake, huh? Gulp. You'd have no problem getting me to leave that room!

Comment

That sounds great Kris! All three teachers and classrooms sound really neat!
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

They were so excited last night and this morning. Amanda actually was up until MIDNIGHT last night because she was so excited and couldn't sleep. She just laid in her bed 'waiting' for school. I can't believe that she didn't fall asleep. I had Andrew set his alarm last night. I told him that since he is going into third grade that he had to try and get up with his own alarm. I set my alarm for the same time, of course He jumped out of bed and ran down the hallway to me to show me that he had gotten up with his alarm and then we went and got Amanda up who announced that she "wasn't even tired" . They were just so excited! I can't wait to hear how everything went for them today. Alex also started preschool and it was only one hour this morning. He was really disappointed and didn't want to come home. "It's too short!".

Things just seem to have gotten off to a good start for them...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that their days went well!!!

kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
            X