Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Baby Math is here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Math is here!

Finally!!!!!

He never really decided to make an appearance on his own and so I was scheduled to go in on Saturday and have my water broken. I went ahead and sent Thomas and his mom and the kids to german school in St. Paul so that I could have the morning to myself to get ready and then I was going to drive myself in to the hospital...after all...this is baby#4, not baby #1....

Anyway, I took a bath, talked on the phone, got myself ready and threw my bags in the car...and the BATTERY was DEAD!!! I couldn't get the car to start and so I called a taxi...they would have needed over 40 minutes just to come out so I had to call a friend to drive me in

Once I got there I was given an antibiotic (strepb positive) and we waited for Thomas...when he came, the ob broke my waters and we waited...and waited...and waited...I contracted, but it was nothing to write home about. The ob really was pushing for a section but I wanted to try and have a vaginal delivery...at the end of the day she told me she was simply not comfortable with the idea of pitocin, etc and we did the section.

It was kind of scarey and I panicked after I got the spinal...has anyone else ever been through that? Suddenly not being able to move my feet/lets, etc sent waves of panic through me for about 10 minutes. I actually started crying

In any case, Aidan Math was born at 9.12pm on the eve of the lunar eclipse (October 8th) weighing in at 8 lbs and 8 ounces.

Once off to dad, my ob told me that she had found an area of my uterus that was extremely thin and full of small vascular 'bleeders'...she said that if we had tried the regular delivery I would have likely ended up with a hysterectomy 8O

So I guess things worked out the best for both mom and baby!

I just got home yesterday after taking advantage of all of the time that I could in the hospital...and things are slowly getting back to normal.

I can't wait to catch up with everyone.

kris

btw...my mil is freaking crazy...more later!
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Congratulations!!!!!!!! I'm happy to hear that mom and baby are doing great!

I only hope that I can be as calm as you described yourself when our baby is ready to make his or her appearance. I have a feeling, though, that I'm going to freak. (This is my first, and I have no idea what to expect).

Again, congratulations!
    Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Yay! Aidan's here! Woohoo!

Congratulations!!!
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Congratulations, Kris, we have been waiting anxiously to hear your news and am glad you and baby are well.

How many more days until the crazy lady leaves on the jet plane?

Again, congrats!

Comment

Congratulations, Kris, and WELCOME, AIDAN! I was thinking of you all day on Saturday. I am glad everything went well and that there were no scary moments for you or the baby. We've missed you around here, Kris!

Sally
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Oh yeah! Congrats!

Crystal
            Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Congrats Kris and Welcome Aidan.

Glad everything worked out for the best! I was thinking about you all weekend.

Jenn

Comment

Congratulations!!!!! Yeah!
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Congratulations to Mom and Dad and belated Happy Birthday to baby Aidan!!!

Comment

Congratulations Kris! I'm so glad to hear that everybody is doing well!!!
                    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Been thinking of you! Congratulations on the birth of Aidan! You must be so excited! I know I am excited for you!

Hope you recover quickly from the C-section and get lots of rest.

Jennifer
                      Needs

Comment

Congrats to you and your family, Kris! I am glad that everything went well too. We can't wait until you post pics of your little guy!

Comment

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing your story! I've also been thinking about you all week!

Comment

Yeah, Kris! Congratulations! Woo Hoo!
                            I'm glad you got to finally meet that little guy! I can't wait to see pictures of the little cutie-pie.
                            Sounds like everything worked out for the best with the c-section, both medically and in terms of getting to stay at the hospital a little longer.

So....when does your MIL leave?? Since reading your post, I have been humming "Leaving on a Jet Plane." Guess you probably have a few more weeks.....*sigh*

Comment

Congratulations! Take it easy after the c-section, and take all of the help you can get (even MIL--haha!!!).

Comment

Working...
                              X