Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

children are wonderful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• children are wonderful

and terribly blunt!

A few weeks ago we were running some errands. It was getting later in the evening and there was a beautiful full harvest moon rising in the eastern sky as we were on our way home. Not wanting anyone to miss how big it looked and how amazing it seemed, I brought it to the attention of the family. DW commented it was very pretty and seemed so close. Drew, the 3yo, then looks and says 'it is huge, just like your head Daddy'. Great, nice similarity.

About a week ago we were in awe of the wonderful fall colors that were everywhere....on the floor in dazzling splendor, displayed by the baby. I sat him in his high chair, as he is eating some solids now. Unfortunately, I sat him within his arms reach of the dining tablecloth. It was holding three jars of opened baby food. Carrots, sweet potatoes, and peaches. All the wonderful oranges and yellows of the season were then dumped on the carpet in the dining room. Wonderful, I gave thanks.

Today as DW is coming home from the start of ER nights and the baby is down for a nap, I was trying to spend some one-on-one with Drew. So the topic of discussion was what to get everyone for Christmas. After all of our immediate family, we talked about Grandparents. My parents were first on the list. I asked Drew what he thought that they would like for Christmas? He then said, without missing a beat, 'they would like to have some big teeth'. (Can you see where this is headed?!). I, of course not seeing it, asked why he thought that. He said that they needed to have big teeth, just like you Daddy. Blunt, painfully blunt...

I was laughing out loud when I read this, Matt! Aren't kids fun? Although blunt, I think I would take it as a compliment that he associates giving teeth like yours as a gift! He must admire them! I am waiting for my daughter to comment on my large derriere.

Keep the stories coming!

Jennifer
    Needs

Comment

That is too funny, Matt! Drew must just see you as his big dad!

The mother of a friend of Bryn's recently had a baby. About 3 months later, her daughter had commented that they could both fit in the shower a lot more easily because mom wasn't pregnant anymore. Mom said, "Yes, my belly isn't big anymore!". To which her darling daughter replied, "well, mommy, it is still kind of big."

Comment

Those are funny stories! Kids are awfully honest, aren't they?
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Thanks for sharing these cute stories! I love hearing what little kids say. I was laughing out loud too while reading them.

Comment

Working...
          X