Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Poop Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poop Art

We just moved into to our house a couple months ago so we haven't done much in the way of decorating except a fresh coat of paint. Apparently, that wasn't enough for our toddler because this weekend she proceeded to paint our walls with poop.

She is showing signs of being ready to potty train and likes to sit on the big potty and afterward was walking around in her new diaper for a few minutes. She actually did have to poop like she said and stuck her finger in her diaper when my back was turned and wiped it on a couple walls. It was so grose. I guess I better start potty training her so she will get over her fascination with the contents of her diaper.

I am all for her expressing herself, but I would rather it be a more acceptable medium. 8O

Jennifer
    Needs

Yuck!!! Some of the ideas toddlers come up with never cease to amaze me! When I talk to my sisters (who do not have children) they are apalled at some of the messes I have to clean up that involve bodily substances--I guess it just comes with the territory, huh?
    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

One of my favorite parenting quotes is my mom saying to me, "Sometimes when you're the mom you just hold your breath and do it."
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Oh, Jennifer! That doesn't sound like fun at all. Hopefully toilet training will solve that problem.
        We escaped that fate...with this child, anyway.
        Our neighbor's daughter used to do that when she took a nap. Actually she didn't want to take a nap and found that playing with her poop was much more entertaining and a sure-fire way to get out of her crib. It did happen a few times and led to that dilemma that was mentioned -- clean the kid or the painted object first?
        Ugh.
        Good luck. I hope that was the last and only time!

Comment

Oh Man, do I know how gross that can be. (Except my sole experience has been with adults...even more gross. A psychologist once told me that when adults do it, there's usually 'anger issues'. Duh!?)

Here's hoping that you never have to deal with poopy art again!

Comment

My mom loves to tell the story of my brother being born. Apparently, I also found my creative self about the time he turned 6 months old. That made me about 3. She laid me down for a nap and came into the room about 2 hours later to find that I had 'painted' the walls with...poop...and then I had diaper-powdered the walls. Apparently the whole gunk had dried into a rather nasty sort of dry-wall thing and they had to scrape the walls and have them patched and repaint.

No issues here...no sirrreee

kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
            X