Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

My Little Redhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Little Redhead

I'm going to bump a thread for you wherein we all confessed that as much as we love, love, love our kids they make us reach for the Hayldol (sp?) on a daily basis. Hopefully you will see that this behavior is very common. By the way, the very definition of motherhood include guilt and humility. Good luck.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Also, please read "Getting Control of the Kids" in the call room wherein we basically all lament the same attributes that you just described.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Doesn't that drive you nuts! I hate fits in public but I wouldn't be surprised if some of those looks you got were actually people feeling sympathy towards you. When I see a kid throwing a tantrum in public I don't assume the mom is mean but that the kid is making some unreasonable demand and not getting their way. It is hard to discipline kids that are so easy going like that. My oldest is so ashamed of herself when she does something wrong that she bursts into tears, whereas her little sister laughs at me when I punish her--it drives me nuts! I wouldn't worry about doing permanent damage to her regarding the Santa issue either. This is the one time of the year when we have an added advantage of using the Santa myth to promote good behavior and I say use it while you still can!
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

All I can say is that I've been there with our oldest. Sometimes she astonishes me even today at her irrational tantrums! Now that she is almost 8, we have really tangible things to do to punish her: going to bed early (sometimes without dinner, but what gets her is whenever she has to go to bed before her little brother and sister); losing allowance (this doesn't work that well in my opinion but we still do it); losing TV and privelege of playing with neighborhood kids for 1 week; and adding extra chores (like cleaning up the play room after the twins have been there for a day!). When she was 5, we just stayed consistent with taking away her toys, etc., and never ever giving in. I also always tell her when we go to a store if I'll be letting her buy anything.

Anyway, what I guess I'm saying is that I have been there, and with my daughter it is definitely getting better. There is hope out there! Just hang in there and be consistent!
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
        X