Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

American Girl Doll Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Girl Doll Sale

There's a 60% off sale on Jill's Steals on todayshow.com (http://hip2save.com/2013/10/09/steal...ts-coats-more/). It includes the doll, 2 outfits, and accessories for $60. I'm tempted to get it and put it away for DD...
    AmericanGirl.jpg
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Great deal!
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

That's rare!! They rake in so much money it's unbelievable.
      -Ladybug

Comment

OMG, *I'm* tempted and K3 isn't even born. *I* want an AG doll. I would have gone absolutely crazy if those were around when I was a kid.
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

The same deal ran in the spring and I bought Marie-Grace to put away for my three year old. I was completely not going to buy today because I have that doll waiting. Then, I thought about how the girls would love to have matching dolls, but then my oldest will have two (she already has Ruthie), and youngest will have one. I bought one of each doll. I may have temporarily lost my mind!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
          -Deb
          Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I. Did. Not. Need. To. Know. About. This!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Haha, I got Felicity from my inlaws for my birthday this past year...
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Am I a horrible mother that I'm not even tempted? They seemed cool when I was a kid and I wanted one because others had one but I know I would have played with it for under 10 minutes so it would totally not have been worth it.

Am I depriving her? Should I buy one in case she wants one?
                Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I am going to try when I get home but can't get it to work one phone, I suspect they're already sold out. A has been asking for a 2nd and I wouldn't even consider it but for this price I will.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

It is sold out, I just checked.
                    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I still have my 3 AG dolls from when I was younger (Molly, Felicity, and one that looks like me), in addition to an insane amount of accessories. Plus, my sister had Samantha, Josefina, and one that looked like her, and she doesn't plan to have kids of her own at this point. I think we'll be safe on the doll front for now! I LOVED my AG dolls, and it's fun to see my nieces getting into them now. Can't wait until my little girl is excited by them too.
                      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                        Am I a horrible mother that I'm not even tempted? They seemed cool when I was a kid and I wanted one because others had one but I know I would have played with it for under 10 minutes so it would totally not have been worth it.

Am I depriving her? Should I buy one in case she wants one?
                        Not at all! I wasn't a baby doll kid either. I loved my stuffed animals and Breyer horses much better! DD loves baby dolls, though, so I was thinking of getting this one for her for when she's a year or two older, but since Deebs said it ran in the spring, I figured I'd wait. Hopefully something like this comes up again, or I'll be kicking myself.
                        Laurie
                        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Dang it!!!!!

Boo.

Do they have these sales often? Ever?
                          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

The only time I've seen sales on the dolls is on Steals and Deals, but this is the second time it's come up there, so maybe that will be a regular thing? They have an outlet store in Kenosha, WI and I think they still do an annual benefit sale in Madison, WI that is discounted. Other than that, I don't know that the dolls go on sale.
                            -Deb
                            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
                            X