Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Another Baby??? :o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Baby??? :o

Ha...gotcha...

Thomas just brought home a baby kitten last night! I can't believe he got this little kitty..apparently one of his colleagues got it for her daughter and the little girl was allergic. She had gotten it from the pound and so Thomas agreed to take it. (because we dont' have enough children and animals in our home )

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

We are also thinking about another in our household....albeit a small four legged version. Nothing yet, but DW keeps looking at the hospital, they have an email classifieds section.

Good luck with the kitten, should be much easier to train than a dog (housebreak-wise). I am sure that your kids are thrilled!!....and just think, now you have someone to warm your feet while you are feeding the baby!

Comment

As soon as I read "another baby" I just knew it was a kitten! How I want one!!! Lots of luck.
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

hehe...I guess noone was fooled! I have to admit that the little cat is absolutely adorable. Amanda loves her so much and just carries her everywhere she goes....the kitty slept on her pillow last night and followed Amanda everywhere when she wasn't being held...I think she things that Amanda is her mom!!!

Molly is not feeling really happy about having this feline invader and Lupey is a bit ticked about the feline competition...though he is adjusting pretty well. He did ignore us yesterday but is back to his "king of the house" self today.

kris

Comment

Ever since we got the dog, I have been really wanting a little kitten. Especially since one of our cats hit the road two weeks ago. I have always loved the Ragdoll breed of cats.....but I have never had a cat that was any breed other than "mutt" if that is what you call it in cats. Truth is, I have never met a cat I didn't like!

Enjoy the little kitten, Kris, and post a picture sometime!

Sally
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Congratulations!!!! We have two cats and two dogs. I love the menagerie.
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Kris: I should mention that adding a second or even third litter box will help keep the cats from getting too territorial.
              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I was fooled for a split second!!!

Comment

Kris, congrats on the new cat! I'm not a cat person but sometimes I wish we had one, my dh is allergic so it's out of the question. Do you still have your dog?
                  Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Dang it, Kris, I almost fainted. I am so gullible.... :P

Jennifer
                    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                    With fingernails that shine like justice
                    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Jill and Rapunzel...I was thinking everyone would fall over and faint...and almost no one took the bait.

The kitty is really adorable...Sue, we do still have the dog. We had discussed giving her to an australian shepherd rescue before the baby was born, but Thomas' mom came and really turned things around for us. She loves Molly so much and really gave my dh a stern talking to about it. What really helped though came sort of by accident..with the cold weather and snow and me busy with the baby, he had to take care of her....and he started really liking her...to add to it, we usually take her out in the back and put her on her long leash to do her 'business'...but Thomas started letting her out and calling her to come back and she DID...it was amazing...now he feeds her from the table (sorry Michelle 8) ) and has kind of bonded with her. He is really proud of how well she listens to him when she goes out and he told me that one of his biggest hopes is that Molly will become a substitute mother for the kitty....I'm not seeing that happen though..the poor kitty is terrified!!!

The kitty absolutely loves Aidan...when he's in his little swing she pops up and sits on his lap and falls asleep.

I'll post a pic soon!!!

kris

Comment

Wow, that's great news Kris! I hope things continue to work out with her and with the kitties, too!
                        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
                        X