Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

due date accuracy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• due date accuracy?

hi-my due date is may 28, so how accurate is that?

a question no one can answer, i know, but i wonder if there is some trend such as with subsequent deliveries, they tend to happen later and later...

my first came about 3 days before due date, my twins were at 38 weeks (this is equivalent to full term for a singleton), so for when should i tell my mom to get plane tix?

i'm thinking from 3 days before due, to stay about 2 weeks, and she may be here for the big event!

any trends out there????
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

I have heard that with subsequent pregnancies you deliver earlier...but it was never my experience My babies are all later-taters!

As to the whole question of plane tickets...that is a tough one, Peggy. My mom came a week before my due date with my daughter and stayed for a week past my due date...my daughter waited until my mom had left to make her appearance You just never know....it depends on how long she can stay and what backup plans you might have. We had a friend's daughter come over and watch Andrew when the big moment finally arrived and all of our family had come and gone.

When Alex was born my mom couldn't take time off and we couldn't find a relative to watch the others. We arranged for a friend to do it and the day that I finally went into labor she was sick....we had a wife of a colleague come in and watch our other two 8O

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'm not sure either if there is a trend towards earliness or lateness. My first came 4 days early, and my second was induced almost 2 weeks early. She came really fast so I have no doubt that she would have been an early baby as well if I hadn't been induced.
      Is your mom's schedule flexible, or does she need to lock in on the days she has off now? Also, do you need her there for the birth (to watch the other children)? In my case, I really need one of my parents to be here to watch the girls, so I'm hoping for another induction--otherwise they'll get dumped off at the first neighbor's house who happens to be at home!
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

sorry if this is TMI
        Isn't it funny how parenthood turns TMI into normal conversation? I've had some of the most outrageous conversations with people I don't even know while we were pregnant!!

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

well, turns out my mom has to play in a concert (she's a musician for the symphony-- oboe) and so she can't come until the 29th... now i guess i'll pray that i deliver late! i have a strong feeling that i'll be about 1 week early... anyway, time to formulate plan b, i guess!!!
          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
          X