Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Refridgerator rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refridgerator rules

Hi,

My three year old can open the fridge now and basically can get into anything in there. She is a bad eater anyway so this is not a good thing that makes my life easier. It is annoying, messy, and bad for her.. She was licking the butter the other day. Does anyone tell their kids that they can't go in there. I've told her not to go in but to ask but I don't think I am being hard enough on her cuz she still goes in???

i don't even let my 8-year old get into the fridge or any other food area without permission. you may have to childproof the fridge, but i think it would be worth it! i have a niece who has been helping herself to the fridge, freezer, pantry since about age 3, and she is very much obese... later on, when your daughter is about 5 or 6 (and responsible) you could put healthy snacks (cheese sticks, carrots...) in small containers that she could help herself to, but i kind of like to control what the kids eat! good luck!
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I don't but I probably should. Both of our girls know how to open the frig, but so far they bring me whatever it is and ask me if they can have it. Recently, though, Sydney dropped an entire glass pitcher of orange juice, my husband had to pull the frig to clean it up and the floor was sticky for weeks after that, despite repeated moppings.
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Hey Kristen,

Have you considered a fridge lock? That's how I got through that...they are just little plastic things that you basically stick to the door...and they do come off when you need to remove them.....

If you can't get them in Denmark, I'd be happy to run to Wal-Mart and mail one to you.

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Hey Kris,

I never thought of that. I will look at the baby store and see if they sell that kind of thing???? :

Comment

email or private message me your mailing address and I'll send you one

kris

Comment

I need one to keep myself out of the fridge!!!!
              Luanne
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I need one too, Luanne!

Comment

me too Too bad they aren't grown-up proof.

kris

Comment

Hey, maybe Jenn in DC whose worked with persons with Prater-Willis (spelling?) can tell us all where to find the adult-proof fridge locks! (I wouldn't mind one myself at this point in time....).

Jennifer
                    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                    With fingernails that shine like justice
                    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

comment from my daughter last night:

"mommy, do you have another baby in your tummy?"

"No, why?"

"you look like you do"

"well, I don't, honey."

"are you sure, mommy, because it really looks like it"

8O

waaah!

kris

Comment

They should make the adult ones such that the refrigerator unlocks after you walk a half hour on an attached treadmill.

I think I remember seeing something once about a guy who had hooked his television up to a stationary bicycle--the powersource for the TV was him pedaling the bike, which increased his amount of exercise and decreased his amount of television watching.
                        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

That's not a bad idea Julie--sort of reminds me of the Flinstones!
                          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
                          X