Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Boobah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boobah

I just saw this show for the first time today on public television--I honestly didn't think anything could be more annoying than the Teletubbies, but there they were! I'm guessing that whoever dreamt up the show was high on something--does anyone here's kids watch this bizarre show? My 2 year old kind of dug it, but my 4 year old cried because she wanted the channel changed so badly.
    Awake is the new sleep!

Nathan (2.5) loves this show, as well as the tubbies. I actually don't mind the Tubbies too much. Boobah is a little weirder (it is by the creators of Teletubbies) but he seems to respond to it. He doesn't watch it every day....maybe twice a week.

My favorite kids' show is Little Bear. I was so bummed when they took it off of Nick Jr. but now it is on Noggin, so we catch it occasionally there. All three of my boys have enjoyed that show.

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

OK, now I'm intrigued - What exactly is Boobah?? Can someone describe it to me?

Jennifer
      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
      With fingernails that shine like justice
      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

If you go to PBSkids.org you can see a picture of them. They are very wierdly shaped creatures (I have heard of them described to look like a part of the male anatomy that I will not repeat ). The part of the show that I caught had them jumping around and then little flashes of light flying through a sky, then there were kids spinning in circles and I would occasionally hear a voice say "Boobah". Now I have to admit I've only seen part of one show (I was trying to work while the girls were watching it yesterday) so that might not be an accurate portrayal of the show.
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

thankfully my kids don't like boobah or teletubbies. they don't get exposed to it much though!!!!
          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Ummm, their heads do look a bit like another type of head.... I thought they looked really weird, and a bit creepy.

8O

Jennifer
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
            X