Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Call and Babysitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call and Babysitting

I have tickets to a local mom's night out in a couple of weeks with some friends. Of course, hubby is on call, so I can't just leave E with him. I'm pretty sure my mom is out of town too, or I'd ask her to come over, and either she and hubby can hang out, or she can stay with E if he gets called in. I could potentially ask my Dad too. What have you guys done on call nights? She'll pretty much (hopefully) be sleeping the whole time, and there's a chance hubby could be home, and a chance he won't. It could be awkward if I hire a high school girl to come over and sit while hubby is also here, right?
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Our nanny comes when DH is on call (like this AM) but she is 28 and usually asleep (it's typically early AM). I think it would be slightly uncomfortable as a high school girl. Our nanny has said for example that she would not want to work with a family where the dad worked from home (too awkward).

If you do hire her, could your DH go out with friends too? Or go study for the in service somewhere? It's coming up quick and he could post up with his books with a coffee or beer.
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I agree with T&S. He should use the time to study or get other things done without being home and making a girl uncomfortable.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Thanks, that's what I thought. Plan A is to get my dad to come over, plan B is to hire someone and send hubby away.
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

That's what I've done - hire a sitter and have DH hang out somewhere else.
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Id send DH away no matter what. Let him get some studying done while you're out and leave time for the two of you another time!
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Id send DH away no matter what. Let him get some studying done while you're out and leave time for the two of you another time!

Comment

Working...
              X