Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sally!

We are headed to Kirtland AFB! What a complete *shocker* to say the least. I think it was #17 or 18 on our list. So tell me about it!!

Kris - my username is/was "ettuegab"

--- Claudia

Claudia,

I don't know a thing about Kirtland other than that it is in New Mexico. I will ask DH if he has heard anything about it and report back to you.

How are you feeling about it?

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Claudia, congratulations on finding out where you will be!
      Did you get it in the mail today? I am curious, as we are waiting for our destination information as well.

Albuquerque is a great place, I have family there and love to visit as often as we can.

Comment

I'm happy to hear that Albuquerque isn't too bad. I just never even slightly imagined that we would live there. It is only an outpatient surgery clinic so my husband is sorta bummed about the work. He is already thinking about moonlighting or something to finesse his skills. Matt - we actually received the letter on Tuesday! I wasn't expecting to receive it this soon but stranger things have happened!!

Comment

Claudia-

We went to a wedding in Albequerque and just loved it. It's different from San Antonio and the food was amazing. (we had two friends, one from the Valley in Texas and one from New Mexico and they highlighted the differences between Tex-Mex and New-Mex food. Yummy stuff- the red and green sauces go on everything and are truly habit forming!

You'll have a great time. Plus, there are mountains and skiing plus the dry heat and sun- sign me up!!

Jenn

Comment

Well.....we actually got a phone call from the assignement officer...Ok, DW got the call, then she called me!

We are going to Eglin.....we didn't have it listed, but then again lots has happened since then! It is a 6-Ped base, so DW can hopefully have someone help her learn the ropes until COT!

Anyone know anything about it? How about the area? So much for a white Christmas....unless you count white sand!!

Comment

Congratulations on finding out, Matt! (and Claudia, too!)

I have heard some really nice things about Eglin and we ranked it fairly high when we were going through the process.....not that it did us a whole lot of good! I know they have a Family Practice residency there and it is a good-sized hospital. I bet you will get lots of company from the northerners in your families!

I am sure that knowing where you will be spending the next four years is a huge load off for both of you.....relax and enjoy your weekend!

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

http://www.afpc.randolph.af.mil/retsep/afdpshapemsg.doc

Check this out. Has anyone heard about this? My husband and I stumbled upon this and were like WOOHOO - we are so outta here. . .until we scrolled down to the list of "exclusions". Unfortunately, surgeons cannot apply for this but maybe some others can??? It's worth looking at.

Comment

Where is Eglin?
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

It is Florida, near Pensacola, right on the Gulf. Will be weird not having snow in the fall!

Comment

Matt-

We have an acquaintance who is at Elgin (peds) and they LOVE it. I'll PM you her information!

So- we're all invited next February, right? We'll have the first annual Medical Spouses Convention at Matt's house!! We can thaw out in Florida!!

OR we can all go to Claudias and thaw out there, too!

Jenn

Comment

Congrats everyone!

And a new Florida person! Woo Hoo!
                        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine

So- we're all invited next February, right? We'll have the first annual Medical Spouses Convention at Matt's house!! We can thaw out in Florida!!
                          Great idea! I'll need some sunlight therapy by then.
                          Congrats Matt and Claudia, sounds like you both will be in very livable areas.
                          Matt-- I wasn't sure if you meant sand as in beach or sand as in desert. Beach sounds WAY better to me.
                          Claudia -- you will be a short drive to Santa Fe, Taos and other great day trips. We used to take long weekends in NM fairly often before kids. When you move, PM me and I'll tell you about some of our favorite places to go. Great food in your future!!

Comment

matt- i think the cost of living in that area is really low, and i know my parents lived in pensacola for a while and loved it! it's not such a huge move for you all, is it? anyway, congrats to you and claudia too!
                            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I've already requested next February off from work so that I can make these trips!!!!
                              Luanne
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                              X