Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

My in-laws are fantastic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My in-laws are fantastic!

I swear I'm not being sarcastic--I really do have great in-laws! They came last weekend and took us to Babies 'R' Us and bought the rest of the misc. baby items we need! We had decided after our second baby we weren't having any more and purged our house of everything baby (except the crib). Of course, one month later I changed my mind !Kris was kind enough to send us a box of cute baby things (thanks again Kris!!), and I've been buying things here and there, but I had a laundry list of things I still needed to buy. They ended up spending almost $400, but I literally have everything I need for the baby and even a few extras, like the Fisher Price Aquarium thing to put in the crib! It was so fun coming home and arranging the little dresser with all the new towels and washcloths, diaper supplies, etc!
    Awake is the new sleep!

Wow, Sue that's great! I have to admit when I read your post title I was intrigued because I haven't seen that much enthusiasm directed at in-laws here before. It is nice they want to help out and be involved. You guys are lucky!

BTW, Ella loves that Fisher Price Aquarium!

Jennifer
    Needs

Comment

I'm glad for you, Sue. It's nice to have all your ducks in a row before the baby comes and I'm sure that makes it nice to feel like you're ready at least in terms of baby supplies. They do sound very nice and you sound like a very grateful daughter-in-law.

Comment

Sue,

This is awesome. What a great feeling to be prepared (as prepared as you can be anyway. ) Hey, wanna trade ya inlaws, or at least MILs?

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

That is wonderful. You are very fortunate.
          Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

That is awesome Sue!!!! They sound like very generous people.

Do you need anything else?

kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

What a nice story to read! I wouldn't trade my parents for the world but my in-laws have been horribly challenging at worst, tolerable at best!

Bravo to your in-laws for understanding how to make a positive relationship with their daughter-in-law!!!
              Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

that is so awesome!!! they sound like the type of people who felt blessed to help you in this way!
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                X