Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

what to keep forever...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to keep forever...

I'm devoid of any attachment to most things EXCEPT baby stuff. I've been pretty good about just hanging on to two onesies that both my girls wore as newborns, but oh man... The other stuff--tummy time mat (M loved it), swaddle blankets, M's Sophie Giraffe. I'm attached. The freaking exersaucer... I need to get a grip and get rid of some of the 0-3 month stuff that I've held onto in denial that C is my last baby.

Some stuff can be donated, which makes me feel good, but the mat and giraffe are so old that I think they just have to go in the trash.

What do you do with your baby stuff?
    married to an anesthesia attending

Unless it was either heirloom or holds super significance (the girls were brought home in the same outfit) or is timeless and in mint condition, it goes As far as "stuff", we have gotten rid of everything that was outgrown. If we end up with more kids, it will be when we're done with training, and it's just not worth schlepping and storing - plus, I didn't have a ton of stuff I loved - I would do things differently next time/I know what I like/every kid is different/technology changes/shopping is fun
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

We either take it to a consignment shop or sell it through a local FB kids site.
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Aww, keep Sophie! M will love to see it when she's older.

C isn't even a year yet, give it time. There's no need to rush a donation.
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
          Aww, keep Sophie! M will love to see it when she's older.

C isn't even a year yet, give it time. There's no need to rush a donation.
          . The longer it's in the house, the more attached I'll become! Our house is pretty small, too. Otherwise I'd keep it all as a "shrine to my babies."
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I pass it onto other moms usually. Then you still see it occasionally
            -Ladybug

Comment

I'd keep Sophie and the blankets, but get rid of the baby gear.
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I keep a few clothes, but I sell most of it at JBF sales or give it to friends. Definitely hold on to a few sentimental toys and blankets. That's perfectly normal! No rush, but get rid of the big stuff like the Exersaucer eventually, though.
                Laurie
                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

With both of mine headed out of the nest, I have the baby sling they both spent most of their time in, both swaddling blankets and two baby quilts I made when I was preggers with each. Otherwise, nada on baby gear, clothes, etc.

Oh, wait. We have a relatively useless cradle (that's lovely) and a stepstool with their names. Both made by their grandfather.

Heirlooms only! You've got 18 years of crap to accumulate in your basement, you've got to start slow!

Angie
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                  Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
                  X