Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Vision Screenings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vision Screenings

I too the kids to the pediatrician Friday and Zoe had a regular vision screening. Last year, she was fine. This year, they set her up on the line to read the letters and she completely bombed. I was so surprised. The tech picked a line for her to read and she couldn't read any of the letters .. next line up, same thing..... She has an optometry appointment today for glasses.

This explains so much. She has had notes to take for science and social studies and they have been incomplete and really poorly written. I actually had been upset with her. Turns out she couldn't read the board. I asked her why she didn't say anything about not being able to see and she said she though everybody had trouble seeing. She didn't realize it could be corrected.

Poor thing. And Yay for vision screening at the Pediatrician!

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

We had the same situation at our 10YO peds appt - he failed the test. Took him to Costco optometrist, and he now has glasses for reading. Lots of kids apparently grow out of it and self-correct.
    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
    Let's go Mets!

Comment

Bet she'll look so cute with he glasses. I've had kids purposely fail their vision screenings to get glasses like their friends.
      -Ladybug

Comment

Aww! I remember when I got glasses in 4th grade and also didn't realize everybody else couldn't see the board.
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
          Aww! I remember when I got glasses in 4th grade and also didn't realize everybody else couldn't see the board.
          Same here! I got them in kindergarten, and I remember telling my mom that wearing glasses was cheating. I had no idea this was how the other kids had been seeing the whole time!

Comment

She picked her frames out tonight. Cute little blue glasses. She is so excited about them! They will be done sometime next week.

Kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

A just got glasses a few months ago because she failed the testing at school. R had his 5 year check-up last week and his tested poorly as well. I'm making him an appointment for December.

Crazy kids!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

DD fails her school vision test every year. We got to the Eye Dr and she is always fine.
                Needs

Comment

Working...
                X