Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Freedom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom

The twins have finally figured out how to escape their cribs. I know that I have no right to complain, since I've been able to keep them in there for 2.5 years with no escapes, but it still annoys me! Today they had a great time emptying all the drawers out of their dresser and putting all those clothes into Izzy's crib. The dresser has really stiff drawers and I don't know how they opened them, so I'm bummed about that, but at least I was able to sort out too small clothes...

DH is right now painting and assembling their toddler beds... (He has to paint them b/c a while ago I thought it would be "fun" to customize them and make them "so cute", so I bought unfinished toddler beds... They're gonna end up plain white anyway! Oh well... )
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Gosh Peggy--I wish you lived closer--I have two white toddler beds downstairs in my basement! My girls outgrew theirs so we moved them out of the baby room and into bunk beds just in time to put the crib back for the new baby. Anyway, I know what you mean about being bummed when they are free to roam about the house. Our oldest began escaping at 20 months, and our second was jumping out of the crib at around 15 months!!! Luckily, they are both pretty good about staying in their beds during bedtime.
    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Those little rascals! Maybe this is a mixed blessing -- they flew the coop but are starting to be great playmates.

Comment

Peggy,

I put our crib away a couple of weeks ago because our 2.5 year old was trying to climb out and I was afraid he would get hurt. He stayed in the crib the longest of our three kids. Now he is in the bottom bunk and is doing pretty well. I have no problem with him during naps, but at night when it is dark, he is a little scared. Having a big brother in the bed above helps, though.

I just cleaned out my kids' dressers and closets and brought the approrpriate hand-me-downs down from the attic and took the too-small clothes back up......I REALLY hope he doesn't do what your kids did and empty his dresser drawers some day when I think he is napping! Maybe I should have waited to re-organize...... 8O

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

They are sleeping in their toddler beds now ("sleeping" I should say). Mostly during naps they have a hilarious time jumping around and, yes, dumping the clothes out of their drawers. We just put the clothes back in again, and don't even bother to fold. They do well at night, sice they are so exhausted from their daily jaunts. Anyway, they are pretty excited to be in "big kid beds" and as long as they are contained in their room for about 2 hours a day, I'm ok with 5 minutes of cleanup afterwards!!!

Part of the problem with them playing is that they are twins-- they seem more coordinated than my daughter was... For instance, after I put them down, they wait until they think I have gone down the stairs, then they jump out of their beds (not noiselessly either) and get started. Mac actually heard them coordinate ths one time-- he shut the door, then about 10 seconds later he heard Steven say "Go!" and by the time Mac opened the door, both of them were in the act of running to the dresser to dump out the clothes. I'm just hoping this gets old at some point!
          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
          X