Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ski Lessons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ski Lessons

Has anyone ever gotten ski or snowboard lessons for their toddlers? DS1 will be 3 next winter, and we'll be relatively close to Tahoe for fellowship. I'm just wondering if it's worth it to try at 3. If so, is there anything we can do to improve the chances of success?
    Any/all experiences with kiddie ski lessons appreciated!

As soon as they can walk, they can ski. No, he's not too young! Totally worth the lessons.
    Eta: rent equipment. Buy a good helmet, he won't be using poles. Good socks and good gloves. A regular snow suit is fine.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Def not too young. My parents had me start skiing at 2.

That will be an amazing location!!! What part of Tahoe will you be closest to? I LOVE it there. We actually haven't been in three years because they hadn't been getting as much snow as usual, but apparently that's changing this year. (Will see) - obviously we are looking for slightly more snow than your DS will be 😉.

Comment

We'll be in Sacramento, so 1.5 hours from Sugar Bowl. I'm still looking into which place would be the best for lessons. There are so many options up there, it's a little overwhelming.
        It's good to here he's not too young. I learned at 3, but my mom taught me and she's a much better skier than I am. No way am I teaching DS on my own.

Comment

Have fun!!! Our family loves to ski
          -Ladybug

Comment

We also rent skis/boots for the entire season for each kid. We paid $100 for the whole season. There's not point in buying skis while they are still growing.
            -Ladybug

Comment

I started skiing at 2--definitely not too young!!

Comment

Ski Lessons

Ok - that's not far at all. We once had to drive from Sacramento to tahoe - it's a long story, we should have landed in reno... With our luggage.

Anyway, we always went to a friends house in incline village, there is an awesome little family resort there that would have been really perfect, but that's too far. But what about Boreal? It's no frills, but I bet you season passes and lesson are pretty cheap there.
                Last edited by JDAZ11; 12-13-2014, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Check out the liftopia app for daily deals
                  -Ladybug

Comment

We are taking DD at 3 and 2 weeks in Feb. I will report back.
                    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                      We are taking DD at 3 and 2 weeks in Feb. I will report back.
                      Please do. Good luck!

Comment

I've looked into lessons for our kids and couldn't find anything locally for under 5-6 for group lessons. Private ones are a bit steep (close to $100/lesson if you include rentals).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think it might be a regional thing. Most of the classes here in OR start at 4/5, but I've seen plenty of group options starting at 3 in CA.

Comment

Working...
                          X