Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

It's a......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a......

Our ultrasound revealed that we are having a....

drum roll

heatlhy baby! The little stink pot would NOT open its legs. My mom just came to visit for a few days so we suprised her by just "showing up" at the doctor's office. She started crying in the parking lot when she realized that she would get to see her newest grandbaby. (BTW, have I ever mentioned how much I love my mommy. She is the best.)

When we got inside, the nurse ushered DH, my son, my mom, and I into a dark little room where this beautiful creature appeared on the screen who waved at us! (genius! ) It was an absolutely beautiful moment and everything appeared to be healthy. We were all in tears and it struck me that we really are going to be blessed with a second baby. Our dreams are coming true! My son said that the baby looked like a dinosaur. I think that the appearance of the ribcage and spine reminds him of the dinosaur bones which recently have captured his imagination.

I have to admit that I had really hoped for a glimpse of the sex in order to do some power shopping with my mom while she was here. But I do think that there will be an overwhelming excitement to wait it out and here the doctor proclaim: "It's a _______________" However, our curiosity may make us break down and spring for one of those mall ultrasounds. We'll see.

Nonetheless, we are simply overjoyed. I pray that this baby is healthy. After that, I pray that my mom can be here for the birth. It is thirteen hours away and she gets limited vacation so we have time it right. I think that this would mean a lot to her. Keep your fingers crossed.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Kelly, congratulations - how very exciting! I wish you all the hapiness and health with the remainder of your pregnancy!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Congratulations!!!

Have you started picking out names?

Comment

Congrats! If you do end up finding out...please share. My guess is a girl. That's how I felt when i was scrolling down to get the news. That is so neat that your mom got to share in the u/s!

Comment

little stinker!!

I say spend your money for an extra ultrasound on a spa-day for yourself and relish in the surprise on d-day!

I had a dream 2 nights ago that you had a girl...does that count?

kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'm voting for a girl too (can you tell I have two girls). I agree with Kris, spend the extra $$$ on a spa day. Or, have your husband befriend the head nurse in L&D and sneak in for a freebie.

Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I am voting for a girl, too. (SOMEONE should get to have one...... ) I can't decide if you should bribe your OB for another ultrasound or wait for the surprise on the big day....

Congratulations for seeing the new little person! How great that your mom got to be there. I hope everything works out so that she can be around after the little one is born, too.

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

That's really sweet that your mom got to be there! I'm so glad that everything on the ultrasound looked great!!! I am voting on a girl, too! There is a boy trend where we live--10 out of 10 pregnant women in our neighborhood are currently expecting boys, the other pregnant ladies don't know what they're having.
                Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

That's great, Kelly. It's really heartwarming to feel your incredible excitement and happiness with your baby. I wish you a healthy rest of the pregnancy. Your baby (boy or girl) will very much be loved!

Comment

Re: It's a......

Originally posted by kmbsjbcgb
                    However, our curiosity may make us break down and spring for one of those mall ultrasounds. We'll see.
                    Congratulations on everything!
                    Please stay away from the extra ultrasounds....there's alot that's unknown about ultrasounds in general, and while doing it to ensure the fetus is progressing normally seems well advised, going to untrained, unregulated picture vendors does not sound wise. Even though it's not ionizing radiation, it's sound waves, which is radiation nonetheless, and is increasing the temperature of the fetus, probably much more than a regular ultrasound.
                    for example, see
                    http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2004/104_images.html
                    We just had our u/s, and the baby displayed it's goods for all to see (we're not telling anybody what it is).
                    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                    Let's go Mets!

Comment

You really built up the suspense for me! How nice that you mom was there.

Comment

Hey Kelly-

I was also fully expecting to see "girl" at the end. So- I think the concensus is girl, so just tell Sean that the Medical Spouses have seen the future and start buying pink and frilly clothes!

Congrats!

Jenn

Comment

Thanks for all the welll wishes! It's funny because before the ultrasound everyone wanted a girl for us, but predicted a little boy. Now everyone is thinking pink.

I know that we will adore this baby either way. Frankly, it is hard for me to believe that DH would actually send out a female sperm , so I'm sort of still thinking blue. Either way, we will find out for sure in about 20 weeks or so. Although I'm still thinking about bribing my ObGyn for just one more quick peek.

Even if we end up having all sons, I know that karma will ensure that I will get that female companionship someway. My grandma had all sons and four grandsons when I arrived on the scene. Let's just say that she and I were inordinately close and adored one another because she waited so long for that girl. Truly, she was like my second mother. I know that we get the exact child that we are supposed to have.

If Cade is any indication of how we will feel about this child, we will pretty much be head over heals from first sight. It is almost like these little babies arrive on the scene pronouncing, "I'll be in charge from now on. You're no longer needed as the head cheese anymore."

Kelly
                          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Fluffhead...they just did a special new report about those ultrasounds last night on tv...I was going to post the same thing.....

So...you know the gender and you won't tell us? When is your wife due again?

kris
                            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Congrats!!!!! I don't know, boy or girl, but I can't imagine the OB not letting you sneak another peak!!! Come on!!! I had about 7 billion ultrasounds with the twins, though, and 1 extra for this pregnancy (because I fell down and broke my wrist and they wanted to check the baby) so anyway... Badger your OB a bit and don't you think he'll let you know!??

(BTW-- I thought that was so cute that you can't imagine your husband sending out "girl sperm"! Too funny!!! But doesn't every daddy need a "Daddy's little girl"???)
                              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                              X