Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Easter according to Alex (age 5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter according to Alex (age 5)

God died and then the fairy in the book made him alive again.
    8O 8O 8O

This was in response to talking to him about Easter after he had heard the easter story in preschool.....gulp.....

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Well, that's close!
    I have to confess most of my daughter's religious education has come from preschool. Imagine my shock to find out both of my children know how to pray and I had never taught them!!! My daughter will start Sunday School in a few weeks (just realized she should have been in it for at least the last year, somehow I missed that memo) and I feel the need to start educating her so that she won't seem completely ignorant!
    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Hey my best friend's kid started Catholic school, and halfway through kindergarden it was revealed that she thought all this "God" talk was about Hercules. My friend moved her to public school a year later and she swears that wasn't the reason but still.......HERCULES???

Angie
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

That's funny, Kris.

In high school, I had a friend who's dad is a minister. My friend had two younger sisters -- early elementary age. For Easter, they drew a picture of the Easter Bunny on a cross.

Comment

In high school, I had a friend who's dad is a minister. My friend had two younger sisters -- early elementary age. For Easter, they drew a picture of the Easter Bunny on a cross.

What??? You mean the cross isn't made out of chocolate? ans my 6 year old would ask

Comment

Thanks for the chuckle Nellie and Angie!
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Last Easter I saw the most hilarious "Man on the Street" segment on the Jay Leno Show. He was asking people about Easter and what it means--- one college coed explained the biblical story pretty well, then Jay says, well, where does the Easter Bunny come in, and she says, I think that he was there when Jesus died on the cross. And her friend said, Yeah-- didn't a rabbit hop away or something? I never know if those interviews are staged but I sincerely hope so!
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
              X