Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Eczema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eczema

I think our 2 year old has eczema. She has dry, rough patches on each thigh, on each arm, and on her bottom. The poor little thing scratches quite a bit too and I have to be vigilant about lotioning her up after bath-time. I've had a little success with Aveeno bath-stuff (some kind of oatmeal mixture that is added to the bath), but does anyone else know of any other good products to try? I know I need to get a referral to see a derm probably, but things are so hectic here lately I'd like to try some other things in the meantime until I can get her in.
    Awake is the new sleep!

Eucerin cream. All 3 of my older children and my husband have eczema. My two oldest get it so bad on their hands that they crack and bleed . They also get it on their thighs too. The only cure? Nightly creaming with eucerin....My dh gets it on his eyelids and it sometimes requires a tx with steroid cream 8O (not sure if that is eczema, but is also some kind of rash )

We're a pretty bunch

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

We use Aquaphor in our dry and scaly house. You might also try Amlactin -- it's behind the counter but over the counter (no prescription needed but you have to ask the pharmacist for it).

Comment

My oldest DD had this fairly bad until she was 3 and now only ocasionally has a flare-up. We did every over the counter treatment and hydrocorisone to no avail. Elicon cream was the only thing that worked. The new Elidel is supposed to work great to and can be used on the face where other steroid creams cannot.

Comment

Beware, kids with eczema tend to also be asthamatic.
          Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Yep, Luanne, she has signs of asthma as well. Pneumonia at birth, RSV at 4 months old--the poor little thing has been destined for problems.
            Thanks for all the advice guys--I'm going to make a list of all of those products and start trying them.
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Sue, I asked DH and he said you might want to try a cortisone cream too. BUT you should get it checked b/c you don't want to put steroids on a fungal infection (a little cya here).

Comment

Working...
              X