Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Happy Birthday to Luke!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday to Luke!

My oldest son turns 9 today! He has gotten so big in the last year.....he is up to my shoulder (and I am 5'7") and weighs about 100 pounds. I realized a few weeks ago that we are at the midway point.....he has lived with us for 9 years, and we have 9 years left before he goes to college....there is so much more I want to teach him, give him, and show him! It really does go fast......

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

I hope your son has a great birthday--do you guys have anything fun planned?
    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Happy birthday. Take advantage of the time you have. He will be with you for another 9 years, but after about age 14 he is "off with the friends/sports/girls etc). Enjoy.
      Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Happy Birthday Luke...and Sally, I felt the same way when Andrew turned 9 in December. It is amazing how fast the time flies by! I realized that when Aidan is 9 that Andrew will be preparing to leave home and will be 18. 8O These last nine years have flown by so fast too......

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I hear you, Luanne.....it is wishful thinking on my part that he will be "here" for the next nine years as much as he was for the first nine years!

Sue, after school, I am taking Luke, a friend, and the younger two 8O to a place called The Plex, which is like Chuck E. Cheese, except for a slightly older age group. They have Go-Carts, paddle boats, and miniature golf as well as the usual video games. DH is going to join me there as soon as he can, but I figure I will be on my own with the four boys for at least an hour....yikes! A patient gave DH $50 in gift certificates to this place, so we are using them for this outing......so at least it isn't costing too much. I am going to take him McDonalds for lunch and I have cookies to pass out to everyone in the class as well. We will either eat dinner at The Plex (yucky pizza) or go to Applebees, and then have bday cake (which I made last night and iced this morning.....I am the WORST at icing cakes ) and ice cream at home and open presents. Luke's school is doing standardized testing this week, so I have to make sure he gets to bed at a good time......

I think he will have a fun day, but ESPECIALLY on the kids' birthdays, I feel sad that we don't have any family close by. When I was growing up, I celebrated with my mom, my dad, and my grandparents.....three separate celebrations, at the very least. 8O That is probably a bit much, but I do wish we weren't long-distance on special days.

Sally
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Happy Birthday! Have a fun day!

Jennifer
            Needs

Comment

Happy birthday Luke!! Wish I had a Plex near me.....I love video games

Angie
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Sally that sounds great! I'm sure it will be a fun day! I have to say adamently, however, that you are not the worst at icing cakes. That is my trophy! Whenever I've done it before, people have asked (assumed) that Kate helped me (this was when she was in the ages of 3-5 ). I actually let that assumption go without any correction. Now, either my husband ices the cake or I buy it pre-iced, like I did today for my husband's "birthday party" that we'll be having soon...
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Happy Birthday, Luke! Sounds like you have a fund day planned.

I'm sure you said this when he was my kids' ages -- but I can't imagine them that old. Time flies.

Comment

Working...
                  X