Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Songs for baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songs for baby

What do you guys sing to Baby?

I really love "More" by Bobby Darin.

More than the greatest love the world has known
    This is the love that I give to you alone
    More than the simple words I try to say
    I only live to love you more each day.

More than you'll ever know
    My arms long to hold you so
    My life will be in your keeping
    Waking, sleeping, laughing, weeping.

Longer than always is a long, long time
    But far beyond forever, you'll be mine
    I know I never lived before
    And my heart is very sure
    No one else could love you more.

Then it repeats, but I LOVE this song. Gavin and I sing and dance to it every morning. It calms him right down. I need to add to our repetoire...any ideas?

Well...our baby, who will be 1 tomorrow (??!!?! where did that year go?) gets all the good baby songs,
    Skin-a-marink-ke-dinky-dinky, you are my sunshine, nothing terribly long or complicated, as his fuse is short---just like his Momma.

But our 4yr old, loves the star spangled banner, amazing grace, john denvers-country roads(that may not be the name of it, but you know- 'country roads take me home to the place where I belong,
    West Virginia, mountain Momma'...etc).
    So it has been pretty funny. We really have to watch what we listen to on the radio even, the other day he was singing a top40 song. I think it is called- Suga, suga...goes something like 'suga, suga howda ya get so fly?'
    It is pretty entertaining!

May not have been much help, sorry!

Comment

Our "baby" 3yrs old will not go to sleep without us singing "Twinkle twinkle little star". If I try to divert or change it up she gets very upset and we have to end it with the last word "are" sung like a pirate. Very strange child indeed.

Comment

I sing a ton to my kids, but the song Nathan loves the best is to the tune of "Are You Sleeping" with these words.....

I love Nathan, I love Nathan, Yes I do, Yes I do, He is such a big (or good or sweet) boy, he is such a big boy, goo, goo, goo (or whoo hoo hoo) goo, goo, goo.

I know, totally lame, but I have sung it since he was a baby and he loves it still. I also always loved to sing "Candle on the Water" to my kids....my 7th grade choir sang an arrangement of it the last year I taught (when I was pregnant with my first) so I know all the words. Also, I sang "Baby Mine" (from Dumbo) to them, and Rockabye, baby, in the treetops..... Some of the songs from Tarzan (the Disney cartoon version) are nice, too, and Phil Collins (who sings the songs) is easy on the ears even for babies.

He also loves Jesus Loves Me and Jesus Loves the Little Children and of course Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star.

My oldest LOVED that Chumba-Whumba song "I get knocked down...." and we would sing that at the top of our lungs when he was little and dance around like idiots. So much fun.....now he is WAY too cool for that.

Enjoy, Chris!

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Our two year old has to hear all of the following before she is satisfied enough to quietly lie down at night: Twinkle, Twinkle; Winnie the Pooh (the theme song - chorus only); A Sunbeam (an LDS song); Old Macdonald's Farm. The best part is when she puts her little finger to her lips and says, "Shhhh - wait!" And when there is complete silence (the other kids help me sing to her) she then gives us her rendition of whatever song we were singing. LOL It really is cute how she mangles the songs.

Jennifer
          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
          With fingernails that shine like justice
          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by trisha2486
            and we have to end it with the last word "are" sung like a pirate. Very strange child indeed.
            That is the funniest thing I've read all day! I have this picture of you in my head (which is probably a wildly incorrect picture btw) sweetly singing the Twinkle song and ending with a pirate squint and an argh (as in "me maties"). LOL You've got to get that on tape!

Jennifer
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

That is exactly how we do it each night!! It is quite a sight and she makes her Daddy do it also which to me is even funnier.

Comment

Working...
              X