Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Another update...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another update...

I'm drowning in a sea of paperwork!

Just when I thought we were finished- nope, we have a whole list of stuff to get signed, notarized and apostiled for the Russian side of things. But I got the easy stuff taken care of yesterday and we finally got our criminal histories (although, if the DC government wants to keep the Criminal Hx depatment open late on Wednesdays, you'd think they'd also make sure that everyone who needs to sign the paperwork would stay late as well. But no, that makes sense! So I have to go back today to get the documents signed and notarized.)

We also found out from which part of Russia young Stoli Schmirnoff will come- Perm- 800 miles east of Moscow. I had everything kind of compartmentalized because it's such an ordeal but now I'm excited again.

Now, more paperwork and more waiting-

Jenn

Sorry about the paperwork. On the bright side, at least you won't need one of those squirt bottles . (Actually that whole thread is making me even happier for you than I already was. )
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Originally posted by Julie
      On the bright side, at least you won't need one of those squirt bottles

It sounds like the hassles are never-ending, but I'm sure the end result will be unquestionably worth it. Good luck.
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Wow, Jenn, it is getting closer and closer! I am so excited for you! When will you find out if you are expecting a boy or a girl? How is Rick feeling with all of this? Please keep giving us updates!!!!

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Julie-

I was thinking the exact same thing- My wallet may be hurting but I think it's still less painful than needing a squirt bottle for the nether regions!!

I wonder if I get post-jet-lag instead of post-partum issues!!?

Jenn

Comment

How exciting (the anticipation part - not the paperwork )!!

I hope things get smoother as you wade through the red tape....

Jennifer
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Cool! Thanks for the update. Do you travel to Russia once or twice?

Comment

It really takes someone very organized and determined to go through this process, doesn't it! I guess the military training really has paid off! Congrats and thanks for the updates!
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

This is soooo exciting, Jenn!!!! Is it a boy? You said Stoli Schmirnoff...is that his name or...am I just missing something... Do you know the age of the child you will be adopting?

Have you guys booked your plane tickets yet???

kris
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

We haven't even had our stuff sent to Russia yet- that's the last step of this paperwork. We won't go until we get a referral which could be months form now. (and we can't go until after July 1 anyway, we have to wait until the beginning of Rick's second year of fellowship.)

We requested healthy under14 months, no sex specified. Stoli Schmirnoff is the name selcted by my co-workers, as they are her two favorite vodkas. Unfortunately for this child, now everyone calls him/her Stoli. Like my child isn't going to be warped enough...his/her grandparents even refer to him/her as Stoli.

We're freaks but we're fun!

Jenn

Comment

I thought those were vodka names.

Jennifer
                      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                      With fingernails that shine like justice
                      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Jenn,

This is very exciting! Fingers and toes crossed that the wheels of bureacracy go as smoothly as possible.

I couldn't be happier for you.

Kelly
                        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                        X