Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

game recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• game recommendations

Hi guys,

I need some family game ideas.

Doodle quest, stare, and Apples to Apples usually can entertain a wide range of ages. Do you have any other games that are entertaining across age spans?

TIA
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Tenzi.....I bought the bag of 10 sets of 10 dice from Amazon so the 6 of us can play. It's a variation of Yahtzee. The basic game is roll the 10 dice and save one number, roll the remaining until you have 10 of the same number. First one to get all 10 on the same number yells Tenzi ans wins. There are a bunch of variations (sold as a card pack) and you can make up your own. Easy enough for the 5yo and fun enough that I've played with all adults.
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Telestrations is a hoot. It's a group game like pictionary, but with no winner. You just get to giggle at the silliness of what people draw and what others think it is.

Angie
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Farkle
        Blockus
        Trouble
        Sorry
        Phase 10

Balderdash
        Scatergories
        Settlers of Catan
        Kris

Comment

I was going to suggest Telestrations as well. As a whole, it's a very family friendly game, but after a night of drinking at our family reunion a couple of years ago, we swapped out the cards with the ones from Cards Against Humanity, and that was pretty hysterical.
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

My kids love Spot it. We used it all summer camping. It's fast paced, fun and can-fit-in-your-purse-when-you're-getting-your-car-oil-changed-and-have-to-bring-the-kids convenient.
            -Ladybug

Comment

I bought ten days in Europe last year and I loved it, but the family thought it exceeded their nerdiness limits.
              What? Really?

LOL
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I enjoyed working my way through this today: http://www.snakesandlattes.com/uploa...uyingGuide.pdf

Also, you probably need your kids to be a little older for this one, but I'm obsessed with Ticket to Ride. It's the best.
                Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
                  I was going to suggest Telestrations as well. As a whole, it's a very family friendly game, but after a night of drinking at our family reunion a couple of years ago, we swapped out the cards with the ones from Cards Against Humanity, and that was pretty hysterical.
                  Like the sound of Telestrations and it'll be this years Christmas family present. Ordered!

Thanks.
                  Using Tapatalk

Comment

How about puzzles? We got this 1000-piece puzzle of Van Gogh's Starry Night last Christmas and we've been working on it since then. We have a big table just for it. Also, uno (the card game), monopoly and charades.

Comment

I have had a quick search on gg and here're some recommendations for you:
                      The Mounth Game
                      It's simple, quite silly but hilarious and so entertaining. The game comes with 100 beautifully designed cards with hard to guess phrases. As an extra bonus you will get a cute box printable that you can cut out and fold it (following easy instructions). It is perfect to store all your phrase cards in it.
                      Divide players into 2 groups.
                      Let 1 player from each team wear the mouth retractor and read cards one by one. The rest of the team has to guess (until they get it right) what the player with mouth retractor is saying.
                      Whichever team guesses most cards within 2 minutes wins the round.
                      Let the team players take turns in wearing the mouth retractor.
                      Pass It On
                      Super simple, yet pretty genius game where not so perfect drawing comes in handy. It's like a broken telephone game, but in drawing. First, write a word combination (you can pick yours from 50 inspiration cards that comes with the game) and pass it on to your friend who has to illustrate what you wrote. Your friend then has to fold your writing part and pass it on to another player who has to describe the drawing. It continues like this until there is no more place on the paper template. Get ready from unstoppable laughs, screams and awesome family memories once you unfold the paper!

Comment

Working...
                      X