Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Summer Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Rules

What are your summer rules?

I saw this meme on FB and thought it was genius.

IMG_2176.JPG

I'm hoping to come up with something similar for our house.

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Like it. Will do same
    Using Tapatalk

Comment

We are pretty free wheeling in the summer, lol. No rules aside from the standard be kind and respectful. If I ask for help I expect kiddos to help with a happy heart and to enjoy time together with their siblings. That makes for a good summer for us.
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Our summer has no rules. Seriously. I'm so tired of the school routines , work schedule and kid obligations by summer break I'm all, "You want whipped cream for breakfast? Done! Save some for me." It would be very different if I had to work in the summer. I have 8 weeks off from work in the summer and I live moment to moment. I *heart* summer break. I'm laughing at all the teacher memes I'm seeing on FB daily. My teacher friends are dying for summer break too!! LOL.
        -Ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
          What are your summer rules?

I saw this meme on FB and thought it was genius.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3466[/ATTACH]

I'm hoping to come up with something similar for our house.

Kris
          Ours look a lot like this. My kids turn into animals if there isn't some structure. We each have goals that we are working toward this summer. The kids helped come up with these goals with a little persuasion, or, rather, they think these were their idea.

K1: table manners & hygiene (part of our OT goals), phonics (auditory processing goal)

K2: recognizing letters and numbers (his idea - he really wants to work on reading but he needs to do this first), anger management (my idea)

Lambie: potty training, weaning

Mom & Dad: fitness and nutrition goals

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

How about winter rules?

Comment

Working...
            X