Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What do I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I need?

I am wondering if I need to run out for some baby supplies now, before he arrives, but I can't remember what's essential. Does anyone have any tips? I'm not worried about clothes, but the other stuff. This is what I have:

*diapers
    *lanolin cream for breastfeeding
    *breast pump, bottles (need to be washed-- good job for Mom who arrived in 1 week!)
    * bassinet (only 1 extra sheet???)
    * billions of lap pads, thank you twins
    * about 8 decent bibs
    * about 3 burp clothes
    * lots of regular diaper wipes
    * diaper genies on 2 floors of house
    * various baby shampoos, bath stuff
    * front pack baby carrier-- snugli
    * car seat
    * nasal aspirator
    * several baby towels, but no baby washclothes

So that's about it... Any essentials I'm missing? I think I'll need some baby oil and a baby bath of some sort, and I'll need to get some "welcome baby" presents for the twins and Kate (SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!), but my mind is really really blank otherwise... And baby delerium is about to set in.....

Thanks for any help!
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

more burp cloths, nursing pads (if you need them....I needed them more with each baby) sanitary napkins (yuck!) are the things that I thought of right away.

Personally, I would also either stock up on some videos for the other kids (particularly the twins) from the library or from someplace cheap, like WalMart. But I am the queen of kids' videos and would have lost my mind long ago if not for the half hour bursts of peace they buy me.

Good luck!

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Videos make great "from baby" gifts! And they're really a gift to yourself.

More diapers and wipes...it seemed like we were always running out. And you know you'll use them.

Comment

Here's a few I thought of
        Stuff for cord care (although some hospitals are now saying you don't have to do anything to the cord).
        Thank You notes
        Baby Book
        Also, this may be TMI, but I had to send hubby out to buy me some things for comfort measures (a donut pillow, sitz bath stuff)
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I thought of a few more:
          film
          containers/disposable pans to freeze food....if you feel comfortable asking you mom to cook and freeze some meals for the family
          Ibuprofen or whatever you like to take as a pain reliever

You're almost there!

Comment

How exciting!!!
            Maybe a special doll for the twins so they can have their own "baby".
            An extra squirt bottle!!!
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Peggy...

Don't forget the Margaritas!

kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

For the squirt bottle!!!!
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                X