Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Gwyneth Paltrow gave birth to a girl...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gwyneth Paltrow gave birth to a girl...

And she and her husband named her Apple Blythe Alison Martin. APPLE??? What, is she going to name her next child Banana? How about Fork, or Pencil?

"Apple, it's dinnertime!" Can you imagine shouting that out the backdoor to your kid??

I feel pretty safe making this blanket statement(Speaking of Blanket, that is Prince Michael Jackson II's nickname): Celebrities are frickin weird.

Apple. I just can't believe it.

8O That is weird!!!!!!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I guess it's a good thing she didn't marry Brad Pitt and named their child Peach.

Comment

Funny Thu Van!
        That is nuts, why would you want to name your kid after a fruit!!!
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I heard the middle name was Blythe. How do you think mom feels about her name coming in second to Apple? I am waiting to hear the story behind the name. I don't even think it's a great sounding word!! Maybe "You are the APPLE of my eye" inspired it or something??

Angie
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I read this too and I just don't get it. Apple? It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George reveals the name of his future child (girl or boy): Seven. I agree. Celebrities are strange.

Comment

Poor kid... Why couldn't they have just done Alison and left Apple out.

She's almost an Apple Martin-i!

Comment

Oh DARN!!! I so wanted to name a baby girl "Apple!" (Sarcasm!! )

I heard the news about the name choice and just rolled my eyes. I thought Demi and Bruce were nuts! Next to "Apple" the names for their girls sound normal!!!

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

At least Bruce and Demi's kids names come from literature- not the produce section!

Oh well, she'll probably decide to call herself Amy or Anna or Alison when she hits high school.

Jenn

Comment

Apparently Geena Davis just gave birth to twin boys and named them Kian and Kaiis.

I highly disapprove.

Just kidding . . . Alright, I'm not kidding. I have no idea how to pronounce either of those, and they're too similar for twin names. So say I. 8)

(She's 48--that's some mad fertility right there! AND her husband is a doctor. I'm sure she'll start posting around her any day now. Hi Geena! Sorry about what I said about your kids names. )
                    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

LOL!

My DD has a new little girl in her class named Tequila. I just about fell on the floor when she told me that one.

Comment

Julie -
                        DH was friends with Geena Davis' husband in med school. They were in the same class at Stony Brook. Long before he became 'famous'. Those are some fruity names. At least everyone knows how to pronounce Apple.

Thu Van, you absolutely crack me up!

And Tequila, are those parents on crack or what?! You guys should check out some of these baby names...sheesh!!! Poor kids.
                        http://www.rock103.com/drakeandzeke/_bbn/index.html

Comment

YOu guys crack me up.

RE: Geena Davis being a medspouse. I have this funny feeling that she bypassed the pain of training, starting a practice, living in poverty, student loan repayment, the politics of partnership track etc. She'd probably be like, what is the big deal?

Kelly
                          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Any other celebrity med spouses we should look out for?

Angie
                            Angie
                            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I cringed when I heard the name of her daughter. Poor kid..... I guess she better not marry someone with the last name of Elli, because then she could be Apple Martin-elli (the sparkling cider).

Celebrities are wierd.

Crystal
                              Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                              X