Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Pregnant friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnant friend

We are going to visit one of DH's med school classmates at the end of this month, by which time his wife will be 8 months pregnant with their first child. Does anyone have any ideas as to what an 8-months-pregnant woman might want/need for herself? Anything you wish you would have had nearing the end of your pregnancy? Not having been pregnant myself yet, I have no ideas. Help!
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

I would have killed for a gift certificate to a spa to get a pedicure or a massage. Or a gift card to a bookstore, coffee shot, or restaurant would be nice. I'd go along the lines of anything that she can use to pamper herself.
    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Manicure & pedicure!!!!! She probably cannot reach her own toes at this point.
      Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

When I was pregnant, one of my friends gave me a little robe for baby and bath things for baby, but she also gave me a little basket of bath goodies! It was really nice. The shea butter stuff came in handy when I was having terrible back labor!!!

Marla

Comment

I second the pedicure idea! It feels so good and is nice to have pretty feet. When I was 37 weeks or so with my first, my OB actually commented on the color my painted toenails -- smart, smart man!
          Flowers are always a nice gift, too.

Comment

I chime in with a big YES to the pedicure idea. That was my most favorite treat when I was pregnant with my daughter.

If that is over your budget, get her some soap, candles -- stuff that makes you feel fresh, clean and NOT HUGE!

I received some really pretty but comfortable slippers for around the house and I LIVED in them when my feet swelled to almost twice their size!!

I guess since you don't really know her that's about all I have for this topic. If you knew her better I might suggest some loose but pretty lounge wear (not necessarliy pjs) for hanging out.

Good luck!
            Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Thank you SO much for the suggestions guys! I'll definitely do something along the "pampering-the-momma-to-be" lines. They live in a different part of the country so although I really like the pedicure gift certificate idea, I'm not really sure about finding a salon where she could go. I love the bath products and slippers ideas, if I can't figure out the salon thing I may go with those. Thanks again!!!
              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Working...
              X