Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Flying... again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying... again

Flying next week. 22 months old (I think that sounds right).

Good news is iPad will finally occupy them for quite a while. We don't play with them usually (they both aren't great with dragging and dropping with the otter box on, it causes frustration. Or we fight over the same one - even though we have two that are EXACTLY the same. It annoys me, so we only used them for solo doctor visits until this week, but things are going well attention span wise).

Problem is still earphones. They don't wear things on their heads. No hats, no sunglasses... weirdly the do like hooded towels, I'm not sure why that's ok.... so the earphones stay on one for like 5 min and the other one (bigger stronger one that I always get stuck with) just runs when he sees them.

Anyone know how I get them to wear them so they just sit and watch Daniel tiger fir 5 hours? Please please please just sit and watch TV!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know they make hoodies with speakers built in
    Could you do a hooded towel with the head phones around their neck like a collar/necklace?

ETA: I'm totally just jumping into this forum and if my suggestions are way off base, just ignore me.
    Last edited by Michele; 07-01-2017, 07:15 PM.
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

No - all suggestions are helpful! All of my friends seem to forget this phase, not had the problem, or also have kids about the same age that won't wear them...

Didn't know about the hoodies! I did get some cloth headband thing off amazon... don't see that going well either. Off to google the hoodies!

Comment

I'm only seeing ear bud hoodies... any idea where you saw the headphones?

Comment

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...3F3KoWqBHv8DzA

No idea how they actually work.... Just something I randomly came across.
          Last edited by Michele; 07-04-2017, 08:59 PM.
          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

TheHoodieWithSpeakersEARBOX2_01.jpg
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Ah yes! Exactly what I pictured. Speakers be headphones must have been the issue. Thank you! Too late fir this flight, but something to look for next time... if I survive...

Comment

Just in case anyone ever has an issue.... one did finally wear them! Go him. The other didn't, but I didn't get yelled at for having super low volume - either the crew or airline made a big difference. Last flight was not at all accommodating (it was a holiday flight with tons of kids that was like 6hrs delayed... so no one was happy... maybe only 3, but looking back it felt substantial!).

We still went through ALL of our in flight activities, so I'll probably have to refresh the bags before we leave.

On to a 6-10hr road trip and our first nights in a hotel since they were 3 months old.... all without DH 😏. Should be interesting! But at least no requirement to wear head phones!!!

Comment

Working...
                X