Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

You might be a parent if....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You might be a parent if....

In the spirit of Jeff Foxworthy, I thought that it might be fun to play,

"You might be a parent if...."

1. You have mentally calculated the time you have to talk on the phone/ catch a cat nap/ take a shower/ or have sex in terms of the length of various children's videos;
    2. You have caught puke, poop, pee, snot or some combination therof in your bare hands;
    3. Your phone conversations with your landlord/mortgagte company/ IRS/ etcetera are punctuated with comments like "You have to wipe before you pull up your pants!";
    4. You haven't bought new clothes for yourself since parachute pants were in style but your children regularly sport labels like BabyGap, Hannah Anderson, and OshKosh.

Your turn....
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

I am changing this a little.....

"You might be a parent of a boy if......"

You have said "put your penis away" in a normal conversational tone.

You have ever had pee in your eye.

You know the names of the Power Rangers in their various incarnations.

You can put together/repair a Bionicle in record time.

You have held an empty pop bottle while it is being peed into while riding in a car that is going 75 mph.

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Good topic Kelly!

...if you lay in bed at night trying to devise an escape plan to evacuate 3 kids and a dog in case of fire or burglary.

...you get pissed off at any moron that speeds to fast down your street or cuts you off on the highway, endangering the lives of your precious babies.

...you are able to make a dress for a 2 year old out of a women's jacket when your child has a major blowout in their diaper and you are at a petting zoo 30 miles from home.

...you begin to feel envious of people that drive those cool minivans with the doors that open automatically at the push of a button.

...you catch yourself singing the Spongebob Squarepants theme song throughout the day.
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Loving it!

....you find yourself enjoying Veggie Tales (and find yourself on occasion singing the theme song with your child) (Umm so I have heard.. hehehe)

.....you can breastfeed while talking on the phone and making lunch for your 2 year old daughter at the same time.

.....your feet are immune to the tiny toys on the floor that they come in contact with in the middle of the night

.....a vacation is going to the bathroom without being bothered for 15 minutes.

.....you know all the words to children's songs but can't name a recent top 40.

....best of all- seeing your child smile because they accomplished important to them, small or big- such as picking up their toys and screaming "Yeah I did it!", melts your heart. You want to cheer for them too.
        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
        X